Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art it's not
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Artemis
But I posted some pictures I took in New Orleans on Mardi Gras, over at the Lounge.
Jack Batemaster
le dessous de ma nouvelle table
Jaded Prole
Nice.
Jack Batemaster
Je n'ai pas encore commencé sur le côté haut du table.
Jaded Prole
Whatever you said, butt this might not be the best place to
xow off yer wood in french or otherwise.
poke.gif poke.gif

On the other hand, it looks like a replay of the Armory Show coming up in NY. This xow got the whole "is it art" conversation going in the U.S.
100 years ago.
Artemis
Interesting use of butterfly bandages. I'm not complaining; my only art these days is the art of letting things fall apart; nothing wrong with a little mending.
But I posted some pictures I took in New Orleans on Mardi Gras, over at the Lounge.

Seems like another lifetime. There have been so many. Kayla (my favorite chupacabra) has grown a lot since then. Last week I heard her singing to herself:
"I'm gonna punch you in the face! Why? Because I don't like you!"
Jaded Prole
Adorable child.

I like her attitude.
Tibro
I'd punch you in the face.

Butt, yes, I'd need a reason.

Any reason.
Artemis
Indeed.
Provenance
QUOTE(Artemis @ Oct 28 2013, 02:37 PM) *
"I'm gonna punch you in the face! Why? Because I don't like you!"

CG's sig line!
Artemis
Click to view attachment
Provenance
Oh my, I like that.
sbmac
Jack, is that table your work? It's very beautiful. The wood butterfly cleats are an interesting touch,
functional art.

Jack Batemaster
Oui, je l'ai faite.
sbmac
C'est un excellent travail. Je voudrais voir le haut… J'ai vu trop de tables, d'en bas !
Jack Batemaster
Je vais prendre une photo du dessus bientôt. Il y a plus de fissures ainsi plus de clefs de papillon.
Kirk
Nice, you might be turning Japanese?
G&C
That happened years ago…
Tibro
Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone ranger.
Jack Batemaster
IPB Image
Artemis
I thought he was a cyclone ranger.
Tibro
You misspelled "sausage wrangler".
Jack Batemaster
fini
Kirk
Pretty cool, what did you cut the butterfly holes with?
Jack Batemaster
router et chisels
sbmac
That's really nice work Jack. It's clean and elegant, yet simple. The finish has just the right sheen to bring it to life without looking too shiny. It makes me want to make furniture, after too many years not doing so. Did you make the chairs too? They are perfect for the table.
Jack Batemaster
Je n'ai pas fait les chaises.
Artemis
While searching this forum for someone's avatar, which I wanted to link elsewhere, because someone had posted the same image, I ran across a complaint that Kyle Bairnsfather had sent to Oxy, basically asking him to deal with an allegedly slanderous reference to himself that he (Kyle) had found by searching his own name on Google. Just for the hell of it, I put Kyle's name into Google and found a rather stunning area of images. Some of them might be art:
https://www.google.com/search?q=kyle+bairns...540&bih=777
Jaded Prole
Indeed. I most like this portrait

Click to view attachment
Artemis
Didn't see that one. That would make a fine avatar.
Jaded Prole
That's just what I thought.
Kirk
I remember him coming back and saying he was trying to distill absinthe, I wonder if he is still at it?
Tibro
He's still at it. From what I understand, he even procured a quantity of Aa grown in the Pontarlier environs. Unfortunately, being a "genius" he's not particularly adept at learning from others. No incentive to trifle in the thoughts of those less enlightened than he is. He's more likely to reject a friendly suggestion as a threat than to embrace a good idea he hasn't come up with himself. Takes a big man to find pleasure in the kinds of obstacles in likes to place in his own path.
Provenance
Who the fuck is this guy and what did he with Prole?
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jan 16 2014, 05:08 PM) *
Artemis
That complaint was a hoot. The first thing that had come up on his Google search was a Fee Verte post calling him a liar. He said it was a part of a plot by the Absinthe Mafia that infested this place to increase their market share by reducing his. He told Oxy that if it was not taken down, he would direct his programmers to ensure that future Google searches would yield a similar result for Oxy. A Google search today still finds the offending post, although it's dropped in rank a little. Nothing about Oxy being a liar as far as I could tell.
He went on to explain that distillation was nothing but a method of filtration that used boiling points rather than molecular size to separate compounds. I guess if filtration can't do what you think it does, you can always call another process filtration, and be right that way.
Provenance
Kirk
That's "filterated" a Kyle specialty.
Jack Batemaster
Search: kyle bairnsfather is a liar
Result: Bairnsfather Family distillery

C'est le premier message, alors il faut d'être vrai !

sbmac
"Create your own reality."

Fine with me… But isn't this by definition singular? To then spew on and on trying to convince others of your reality unravels the very nature of this catchy, and frankly in this case, self-damaging slogan.

This site goes to great length to over-explain his beliefs in a confusing manner that seems a bit defensive and desperate, with a goal of convincing us. I don't know this person, and have never had anything he's made other than the blended elements in the stuff Peter Fuss brought to the table at Absinthiades. It was impossible in these cases, to glean any indication of what his product added to the mix.

Perhaps I can present clients with stringless guitars, claiming that the strings are only one way of hearing the instrument, when one can both bang on it, and scream into the sound hole. It would still be a guitar, after all. One created from my own reality… So it must be good.
Tibro
I

The man bent over his guitar,
A shearsman of sorts. The day was green.

They said, "You have a blue guitar,
You do not play things as they are."

The man replied, "Things as they are
Are changed upon the blue guitar."

And they said then, "But play, you must,
A tune beyond us, yet ourselves,

A tune upon the blue guitar
Of things exactly as they are."

from The Man with the Blue Guitar by Wallace Stevens
Provenance
Peter Case - Entella Hotel
(from The Man with the Blue Postmodern Fragmented Neo-Traditionalist Guitar)
Kirk
I have an older Craftsman bench grinder, it's a nice grinder, the switch is a heavy duty toggle with soldered terminals, arc-les make. I went out and found it had been on all night, worried about my mindlessness, I ran over to turn it off and found a small fire, and the switch was off. The switch had failed to be off in the off position, arced and started a fire. No damage! I put a new heavy duty toggle switch on it and it runs fine.
G&C
My Grandmother's house burned down because of a switch failure in a Mr. Coffee…

One might think I'd spend more time unplugging things than I do.
Kirk
My daughter religiously unplugs everything, it seemed silly. An electrician told me that actual electrical fires are like unicorns, lots of stories about them, no evidence. He does not believe in them.
I've never seen this before and would not have predicted it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.