Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muse de France
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Steve
New offerings from Frenchman. Discuss.
Steve
You have to admit, this is a great picture:
IPB Image
Provenance
A better kids and absinthe photo, thanks to the use of vastly better absinthe.
Kirk
Man, those were the days.
Provenance
Indeed!
Marc
First review of the Louis XVIII here. Sorry, too lazy to translate.
G&C
I'm too lazy to look…
Jaded Prole
Pushing Boggy booze isn't anything to be proud of. Times must be really hard.
Tibro
And about to get even harder I would imagine.
Steve
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jun 9 2011, 09:09 AM) *

Pushing Boggy booze isn't anything to be proud of. Times must be really hard.

I don't believe this one has anything to do with Boggy.
Tibro
I assumed Prol was looking at the bigger pikture. Foreground and background, as it were.
Artemis
Nez avant eau
Notes citronnées et fenouil en avant, l'été arrive et on le sent dans cette absinthe. Le distillat est encore jeune, il sent encore la sortie d'alambic.

Nose before water
Lemony and fennel notes up front, summer is here and you can smell it in this absinthe. The distillate is still young, it smells like it just came out of the still.

Louche
Excellent, rien à dire.

Louche
Excellent, nothing to say.

Nez après eau
Le fenouil prend la pôle position.

Nose after water
The fennel takes the pole position.

Goût
Assez surprenante et en même temps un air de déjà-goûté. Je comprends qu'elle plaise à la gent féminine (dixit Frenchman), c'est une absinthe très florale, mais néanmoins assez puissante en anis vert qui anesthésie agréablement la langue quelques secondes. Les notes herbacées sont très très discrètes, voire absentes.

Taste
Rather surprising and at the same time an air of déjà-goûté (familiar taste). I understand that it pleases the women folk (sez the Frenchman), it is a very floral absinthe, but however rather powerful with anise which pleasantly anaesthetizes the tongue after a few seconds. The herbaceous notes are very very subtle, or even absent.

Final
Après quelques minutes en bouche les notes citronnées reviennent en force et restent indéfiniment. Une pointe mentholée en arrière.

Finish
After some minutes in the mouth the lemony notes return in force and stay indefinitely. A minty spike at the end.

Conclusion
Une absinthe d'été par excellence, très rafraîchissante et désaltérante. Trop de mélisse à mon goût cependant, la note de tête citronnée est trop envahissante.
Un vieillissement lui apporterait certainement des notes de fruits confits très agréables, à tester!
Difficile de faire une review catégorique après seulement un verre et aussitôt la bouteille débouchée donc je pense que je reviendrais apporter des précisions après oxygénation.

Conclusion
A summer absinthe par excellence, very refreshing and thirst-quenching. Too much melissa to my taste however, the primary lemony note is too intrusive.
Aging would certainly yield very agreeable notes of candied fruit!
Difficult to make a categoric review after only one glass and with the bottle just uncorked, therefore I think that I could revisit it with more precision after oxygenation.

sixela
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 9 2011, 07:49 PM) *

I don't believe this one has anything to do with Boggy.

Nor is Marc really 'pushing' it, I think (even though he usually is more diplomatic than most, but that's a trait he also displays in tempore non suspecto, i.e. that's just the way he's beaked).

Saying that the herbal notes are inexistant and that it's overwhelmed by citrusy notes isn't exactly what you'd do when shilling, now, is it?
OCvertDe
Only if you're pitching it to folks more into citrus than herbs.
Donnie Darko
Sounds like a Panty Dropper™ to me!!!

Actually I have no idea, I'm just being rude. Nice label. Cool picture, good color. Whatever. Too many absinthes are on the market now, too few serious absinthes drinkers to buy them.
Jaded Prole
Good idea. Support Dakini and Z-man.
Artemis
Think globally, drink locally.
sixela
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Jun 10 2011, 12:15 AM) *

Only if you're pitching it to folks more into citrus than herbs.

Montana still has dibs on the lemon pledge market.
Marc
Merci Artemis!

Just to clarify, the blanche reviewed here is the Louis XVIII, nothing to do with the Boggy Frenchman is also selling.
Jaded Prole
My mistake. Similar bottling.
Artemis
There is a theme - Napoleon, a French King, a French republic, Charlemagne Boggy ... !
Artemis
QUOTE(Marc @ Jun 10 2011, 07:44 AM) *
Merci Artemis!

Just to clarify, the blanche reviewed here is the Louis XVIII, nothing to do with the Boggy Frenchman is also selling.

You're welcome.

FWIW, there are some comments about the Boggy distiller's proof at the French forum:

http://www.museeabsinthe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry33518
Bruno Rygseck
I'd like to try these but only if the Boggy content is well below 1 mg/kg.

Edit: Thanks to Marc for the review and to Artemis for the translation!
The Standard Deviant
Commercial break:

All the Muse de France absinthe are available at Absinthes.com -

Absinthe Verte IIIe Republique
Absinthe Verte Napoléon III
Absinthe Blanche Louis XVIII

and another interesting absinthe!
Jaded Prole
Napoléon III was an ass. I hate to see an absinthe named after him, he doesn't deserve it.
thegreenimp
I want to see an absinthe named after Napoleon XVIV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmbbFD_XhQ
Provenance
There's always the video for Hills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8
Absomphe
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 19 2011, 04:12 PM) *

Napoléon III was an ass. I hate to see an absinthe named after him, he doesn't deserve it.

Indeed.

I'd rather see an absinthe named after Napoleon Dynamite.
frenchman
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 19 2011, 03:12 PM) *

Is Monsieur The Professor can explain why ?
Be free to spread your culture about Europ….
sbmac
Vote for Pedro blanche
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.