Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Largest piece of absinthiana yet...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
hartsmar
Here's a little something I found mentioned in a Swedish newspaper from 1895. Snippet from original is included... Translation reads:

- Absinthe advertisement.
For the exhibition in Bordeaux the large absinthe manufacturer "Terminus" have sent a colossal promotional bottle, 86 meters (that is 282 feet for you non-metric people) high and divided into 11 "floors". It should accomodate up to 400 people inside, and at the top of the cork is a terrace, where 30 people very well could fit.
The label, on which in large letters "L'Absinthe Terminus" is painted, is 164 square meters (1765 sq.ft).
At the first floor an elegant hall where absinthe is served, is situated. At the other floors theatre shows, concerts and more are presented.

Click to view attachment

Now that's something you don't see on eBay every day... If anyone could find more on this in french papers or ads/folders etc from the exhibition I'd be super thrilled to see it.
Head_prosthesis
I'll bet it's in Michigan. They got all kinds of mega sized stuff.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jul 8 2011, 07:15 AM) *

Now that's something you don't see on eBay every day…

I might buy it if the shipping is included.
Jaded Prole
If it could be found and restored it would make a great home office for Oxy's operation.
Artemis
Only if he books the right teaterföreställningar.
hartsmar
you're so international!
Artemis
Thank you.

The ones about gay blades below deck are the best:

http://www.vaski.fi/se/info/teaterforestallningar
Tibro
I'm guessing your referring specifically to the owner of the disembodied leg in that photo.
Artemis
Didn't even notice that; I was so flabbergasted by Capn Jack giving the secret handshake to one of his minions. If the name of the ship is the Flaming Cuff, it deepens the conspiracy.
Tibro
Me thinks it's not the handshake causing the expression on yon minion's mug but the aforementioned gay blade below deck.
Artemis
http://www.woodenboatstore.com/Belaying-Pi...ctinfo/606-007/

"... (the really hard stuff) ... Just the right size for your small boat"
Tibro
Belaying pin. Isn't that the secret sign to summon Stroller?
sixela
QUOTE(Artemis @ Jul 8 2011, 07:21 PM) *

Only if he books the right teaterföreställningar.

More than one? I think one would be quite enough, thank you.
thegreenimp
Squint really hard and you might see it here…

Click to view attachment
hartsmar
I found that one too... actually really did try to find it in there. I'll send the picture to Grissom & Co and have them zoom and enhance the quality.
thegreenimp
I wonder if it was near the fire that burned the Electric Exhibit Hall?

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/p…---10--1----0--

The 1911 Dreamland fire shows how durable these type of structures were.
Before
Click to view attachment
thegreenimp
After
Click to view attachment
Jack Batemaster
Ahoy mateys. She be named the "Artemis."

IPB Image

Arg
Artemis
She looks happy to see me!
Tibro
All clean white sails in the wind above board. But I'll bet it sloshes dirty bilge below deck.
Artemis
I'll stick my mast in whom I please,
Says Barnacle Bill the Sailor
My flowing whiskers give me class,
The sea horses ate them instead of grass,
If they hurt your cheeks, they'll tickle your ass,
Says Barnacle Bill the Sailor.
Provenance
Looks ready for a long voyage. I know someone who could handle it with a bit of help. And they may not be too particular about looking at the ownership papers before doing so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.