Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Sauvage 1804
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Marc
Some of you tasted it at the Boveresse festival in June during our Oxygenee party at the Soliat chalet, right after the preban Pernod Fils, so here it is:

The new Absinthe Sauvage 1804 from Archive Spirits is now ready for pre-orders on Emile-Pernot.com. The first bottles will ship from July 29th.

IPB Image

A secret link was sent yesterday to the newsletter subscribers, offering them to pre-order the Sauvage at a discounted price. If you haven't subscribed yet, do it now as we will resend the link in a day or 2.

Grim
Thanks.
Tibro
May ask you if what was shared at le Soliat is from the same batch being sold commercially?
Marc
Same batch yes.
Steve
In fact we drank a bottle last year at le Soliat from the same batch. It's aged beautifully.
Marc
The one you tasted last year was a bit different, a bit too heavy imo, we did 2 test batches consecutively and I like this one (the co version) better, here is a short review I had sent to Oxy where I compared both:

Color: clearer than the previous version, very nice peridot!

Louche: perfect

Aroma: very wormwoody and grassy as you would expect

Taste: WILD! That’s really what comes first in mind, it's incredible to taste this wild wormwood directly in the glass, it reminds me when we walked up to that place in the mountains with the farmer. The herbs are very fresh, very powerful; this version is much better, less heavy on the palate, more biting too, a real kick in the mouth!

Mouthfeel: perfect for the spring/summer season, very herbaceous and refreshing. The finish is biting and lasts for a very long time.

Comment: I’ve tasted it with and without sugar and it needs a bit of sugar to get the full benefit from it.
Provenance
Why would I want absinthe made with fake wormwood?
Jack Batemaster
Who woodn't?
Artemis
it reminds me when we walked up to that place in the mountains with the farmer

Un fermier sauvage?

dev.gif
Absinthesizer
I got the email - that's some fancy copywritin'! Unfortunately, Mrs. Absinthesizer would leave me if I bought another bottle of absinthe right now, so I have to give the matter serious thought …

Interestingly, the wormwood in the photos looks exactly like the wormwood in my front yard, which is also growing without discernible human aid.
Marc
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 14 2011, 03:25 PM) *

Why would I want absinthe made with fake wormwood?

Fake? Now you have to explain… blink.gif

[start of the blah blah blah]
And after reading some interesting posts in the Absinthes.com topic, I thought that I should write a line or two about the short review I posted above:

As I'm involved in Emile-Pernot.com (yes I'm a profiteer working with Oxy) one might think that I can't be objective when writing reviews. It's wrong. I'm always objective when it comes to reviewing an absinthe, I'm free to say what I want on forums, and Oxy has always pushed everyone in his gang to do so. We are profiteers, but honest profiteers.
And you know what? My favorite absinthes are Duvallon's, I could drink his stuff every day, he's an artist in my book, the most meticulous distiller I've ever met in the absinthe world.
[end of the blah blah blah]
Provenance
Of course it's fake wormwood. Even Oxy said that you're using forged wormwood.
Jack Batemaster
I thought he said "forced wood"?
sixela
QUOTE(Marc @ Jul 14 2011, 07:44 PM) *

As I'm involved in Emile-Pernot.com (yes I'm a profiteer working with Oxy) one might think that I can't be objective when writing reviews. It's wrong.

No, it's right. Reviews are always subjective. A subjective review is fine, an unqualified one is dodgy (after all, I like to know exactly why person A thinks it's a steaming pile of excrement, so that I can form my own opinion of whether it's relevant to me) and an insincere one is bad.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 14 2011, 11:59 AM) *

HA! worshippy.gif
ellen
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 14 2011, 06:59 PM) *

Does "forged wormwood" mean wormwood essential oil?
Kirk
No, it's a play on the word "foraged".
Père Ubu
The Hybrid version is nice, with better mouthfeel.

Is the wine alcohol based half, also barrel aged?
Greytail
Will it be the spring of 2013 before we see another batch for sale?
Miriam
Most likely! I was asked that question a lot recently (people seem to get impatient wink.gif ) but by the looks of if , the next batch will indeed be finished around May next year.
Greytail
Passonate and impatience go hand in hand.
Tibro
I know I shouldn't ax, but just how can you help me buy absinthe, Miriam?
Père Ubu
My guess is that she'll take some healthy credit card charges from you, and you will get some cool euro-absinthe.
Tibro
Thanks, Miriam. You've been so helpful.
Provenance
There's absinthe in Europe? I thought all the good stuff was made on this side of the pond.
Greytail
It is. While Sauvage is the best from their offerings, it pales next to some things on this side of the pond.
Tibro
Everyone knows the best rule of thumb to tell the good stuff from the not-so-good stuff is by the tax stamp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.