Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oxy ♥ Boggy
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Provenance
Boggy Absinthe was the result of a curious collaboration. While Monsieur Fumoux was setting up his new distillery, he was in regular contact with absintheur and amateur distiller Bogumil Rychlak, in Poland.

The aim of the effort was to turn one of Bogumil's small-batch absinthes inspired by a historical absinthe into a larger scale production, making it available for everyone to enjoy. The Boggy Absinthe (Boggy being an affectionate way of saying Bogumil) has a beautiful 'feuille morte' (dead-leaf) colour, as if it has already been aging for a century.

The label, painted by Bogumil himself, depicts an a wise man out gathering wild wormwood from the mountains.

http://www.absinthes.com/product_info.php?products_id=777
Tibro
… as if …

G&C
It's all about the $$$!
Provenance
Indeed!™
Tibro
zł zł zł

Everybody's so proud.
Jaded Prole
All principles fall before the chance to make a buck. I find the promotion of this offensive.
Jack Batemaster
I find it very amusing.
Jack Batemaster
I'm almost sold. Mebbe I'll buy a bottle or ten…
OCvertDe
I find it amusing that people are offended.
G&C
Apparently, you don't "Get It".
Jaded Prole
Collaborators.

Swill shilling collaborators.

Enjoy your Vishy xitwater.
Jaded Prole
I'd rather drink muddy water
and sleep in a hollowed out log.
Artemis
I can pop my initials on a mule's behind.
Jaded Prole
Now that's impressive!

Butt what about sheep?
Tibro
I do sleep in a hollowed out log. Rough hewn, but I never worry about floods. Rains come and rains go. The bog ebbs and wanes.
Provenance
Of course you do, you're in Europe,
Absomphe
Interesting that its real initials are BS.

Butt imagine if it tasted anywhere near as good as the photo makes it look.
Artemis
Sheep can't pull a wagon. They just go where the head dog tells them to go.
Jaded Prole
Of course you do, you're in Europe,

Old backwater Europe at that.
Artemis
Get it from the lips of the master:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzk_GZQr5A
Absomphe
Kisses sweeter than wine. heart.gif
Jaded Prole
Thank's Artie, that's great.

Gotta love it.
Artemis
My father had a stack of Jimmie Rodgers 78s - I don't think the clip I referenced includes the lines "I'd rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log, than be down in Atlanta, treated like a dirty dog". But it's the same song.
Jaded Prole
I was referencing other versions but you got it.
Tibro
Mules are for pulling barges. The head dog barks and runs in circles. Backwater is better than bog water.
Artemis
When I was a boy there were still a few mules on the place, and one muleskinner. A two-mule team pulled a specialized plow that was used to cut drainage paths at 90 degrees across the earthen rows built up for the sugar cane. About that time a machine powered by a tractor had been developed to do the same work faster, but I guess they were trying to get the last effort out of the mules and the old boy before they all passed on. One day the mules got wild and decided to get to the barn right now. He had the reins wrapped around his arm and couldn't get free - they dragged him and the plow full speed from the field and through the "quarters", past people sitting on their front porches in the twilight. The road was a shell road (clam shells - very common in Louisiana at the time). By the time the mules stopped at the barnyard gate, the muleskinner looked like he had been through a blender. He survived it, though. Things aren't what they used to be. Probably never were.
Tibro
When I was a boy the mules were already long gone. But legend and song (of course) still keeps their memory alive. As well as remnants of the tow path.

Today I bought horse sausages and even some equine salami. Fair and square. You can still do that in Paradise.
Jack Batemaster
Buy some mule:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-FLUEVOG-ANGELS-Wo…=item5ae17f9faf
Jaded Prole
I'd love to get some of that sausage -- goat sausage too. If it's dry sausage it might survive the mail.
Jack Batemaster
Are you hittin' on him?
Jaded Prole
You jealous?

Jack Batemaster
I don't get jealous.
G&C
You just don't recognize it because you're always jealous.
Jack Batemaster
Nvr!
Tibro
Not dry. Plump and juicy.

Jack'll get his chance.
But horse sausage isn't always on offer. I'll keep you in mind when I see though. Ironic as that may be.

Jealous now?
The Standard Deviant
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 15 2011, 08:22 PM) *

Oxy ♥ Boggy

Actually, I wrote every word of what you quoted! I think it's to be able to admit you changed your mind, distilling in small batches with Phil is hardly selling out to the man!

I'm not sure what came over me then, what I meant to say was profiteeeeeeeeeeeeeer™ scum!!!
Provenance
It's not Boggy who sold out, it's Phil.

It's an occupational hazard of being in Vichy.
Jaded Prole
Indeed!™
hartsmar
HA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.