Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hola Fee Verte from PA
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Serrith
Hello everyone. I figured it would be best to introduce myself since I have been lurking around the shadows here for the past 3 years or so. My name is Serrith, or Aaron for those who know how to tickle my tender spots chickawow.gif . I have to say that this site has been almost indispensable to my absinthe drinking journey over the last 5 years. The only reason I did not join earlier is because I didn't feel I had enough experience with different kinds of absinthe's. Well that and the fact that some of you are completely out of your minds (I have come to love that though).

I guess the only real info I can give you about myself is that I am a poor musician from Pennsyltucky, who loves to play questionable music with my unknown band, Dr. Shameless and the Dirty Yogi's, and enjoy my green booze before and after the shows. I have sadly never got to try the vintage stuff yet, but I have drank about 25 or so commercial brands, and have fallen in love with the fairy (as I am sure most of you have). I have a preference for the floral flavor of Jade's Verte Suisse 1898, but also really enjoy Pacifique as a close second.

I decided to join so I can hopefully post a few reviews, as I feel many of the new batches of commercial absinthe have improved over the past couple years, and because I am tired of feeling a little out of place at the band after parties being the only one enjoying a glass of Jade or Doubs while the rest of the gang is chugging down Miller light.

Anywho, I hope to get know you all better, have some good conversations, and share some drinks in the future. Cheers! abs-cheers.gif
Jaded Prole
Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself.
Serrith
Thanks Jaded. It's nice to finally be out of the shadows.
Provenance
Greetings.

Now show us your girlfriend's tits.
Tibro
Can you remind me which members are the ones that are completely out of their minds? I always get them confused.

Provenance
Must be the chop.gif.
Serrith
Check the attachment Prov. That's as good as I can do. And Tibro, I would tell you, but I worry about my well being divulging that information to one who is known as The Hatchet Man tongue.gif
Grim
You're a good man, Serrith.

Bless you.
Artemis
> absinthe's

> Yogi's

Prof. Sixela will be very pleased with your progress.

Welcome.
Serrith
Haha, thanks Grim. And thank you as well Artemis. I'm sure those are just the first of many grammar blunders, but better to get them out of the way early on I say. Also on that note, you may have just helped me fix the band's name on all of our posters.
Provenance
Note to self: Next LoucheFest at Serrith's place.
Serrith
Haha, I can drink to that. You bring the booze, and I'll supply the scantily clad ladies. hula-1.gif hula-3.gif
G&C
I'm in…
thegreenimp
What part of PA?

I now may need to visit my family that I ignore. evill.gif
Provenance
QUOTE(Serrith @ Jul 22 2011, 08:30 AM) *
Haha, I can drink to that. You bring the booze, and I'll supply the scantily clad ladies.

This can be arranged.
Artemis
I haven't seen a woman quite like that at any LF, for sure.

Also on that note, you may have just helped me fix the band's name on all of our posters.

That's better than the response I got from a restaurant owner, which was a tacit "fuck off", when he asked if I had any comments and I told him to correct "Appetizer's" on his menu. There's a plague of that around here - signs by the side of the road: "Oyster's", for example.
Serrith
Yeah! Now it's starting to look like a party. And imp, I live in North East PA about 45 mins. south of Allentown.
Artemis
You probably didn't suspect Allentown was the absinthe center of the universe.
Provenance
Allentown aka Absinthetown. I'm guessing the Mayor would want in.

Edit: Posted before I saw Artemis' comment above.
Jaded Prole
Haha, I can drink to that. You bring the booze, and I'll supply the scantily clad ladies.

Deal.
Provenance
That really is the best offer I can remember in a long time.
Jaded Prole
Keep us abreast of the derangements.
Serrith
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Jul 22 2011, 12:46 PM) *

Keep us abreast of the derangements.

Well there is always some of that happening, would take way too much time, but I would like to get a nice LF off the ground. Outside of my woman and myself, no one else in the area seems to have the stomach for the green stuff. I guess it's not all bad though, more for me. If I get you guys over here though, I wouldn't have to please all these women, and drink all this booze by myself wink.gif
Artemis
What instruments do you play, I mean, besides the jugs and furclavier?
Serrith
Well those are my favorite instruments, but I play guitar, bass, and some sax. I am the singer and lead guitar for my current band.
Tibro
QUOTE(Artemis @ Jul 22 2011, 06:40 PM) *

I haven't seen a woman quite like that at any LF, for sure.

Pity you don't take to long flights.
Patlow
From Philly, myself. Welcome!
Artemis
I don't take short flights either.

I used to fly for 18 hours (refueling in the air), and that sucked as well, but at least I could board without taking my shoes off, getting a rectal screening, being suspected of flying while Lebanese, and so on. And besides, they made me do it.

Besides, you've mentioned quite a few enticements in Prockville, but obviously you were holding something back ....
Tibro
I always got my ace in the hole. Call it the host's privilege.
Artemis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qTX3MJWq4

At a proper LF, that flutist better have some disinfectant on hand when he finally finds that thing, before putting it to his lips.
Bruno Rygseck
Welcome, Serrith!
Serrith
Thanks for the welcomes evereybody! I say a glass of this absintheglass-glow2.gif for everyone.

Artemis man, lol, I can't believe you found that. That was our jam when we threw the band together last summer. Probably our first time all playing together, besides my younger brother and me (he is on bass). I'm sorry to say, but our sound isn't quite the same. We play a more ska/alternative show anymore, though my main man Swaggy still does bust out the flute from time to time. He can't help it, he's Peruvian. Still, very cool to see that again. It has been a while.
sbmac
I've built a guitar or two for players in PA. Philly's a great town. I love the Rodin museum. Nice to meet you!
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Serrith @ Jul 22 2011, 11:40 AM) *

Yeah! Now it's starting to look like a party. And imp, I live in North East PA about 45 mins. south of Allentown.

I have family in the suburbs of Philly, I do need to get up that way again.

I guess I'll have to get Gate Raped™ at the airport if I'm ever going to make it up that way.
Serrith
Bruno, Mac, Patlow, and anyone else I may have missed, thanks again for the welcome. If any of you do head on over to PA though, hit me up. We could use the good company, and it would give me a better reason then usual to pour some glasses of naughty water.
Provenance
QUOTE(Serrith @ Jul 24 2011, 12:49 AM) *
naughty water.

??? blink.gif
Tibro
That one made me wonder uncomfortably too. But not enough to use an emotikon. I know things are extreme when Pro invokes a picture.

You gonna be okay?
Provenance
Maybe after a drink.
Tibro
Repeat as necessary. And remember the picture Serrith already offered you. It's going to be okay.

Prolly.
Provenance
Emoticons: Illiteracy on Acid.
Tibro
Oh, but people can't read your intonations or facial expressions on a forum.

Funny, I thought most written communication in the western world moved away from pictograms millenia ago. And survived quite effectively.
R3al Caravano
You've obviously never been to the South.
Tibro
Oh, I go south. I mean, c'mon. Sometimes a picture is all it takes and I'm ready to head for the deep south.
Provenance
Pictogram fail.
Serrith
I see no one here has seen Get Him to the Greek. Don't worry, you aren't missing much, but that is where the naughty water bit comes from. As for the picture discussion: They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and I think that holds especially true for the picture Provenance last posted, though I don't know what those words would exactly be?
Artemis
Click to view attachment

They don't get any better than this one, although I do wonder about that last word - seems to be from one of those vampire languages.
R3al Caravano
IPB Image
R3al Caravano
What's IPB? I know what ICP is:their fans even scare me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.