Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Artemisia Spoon
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Pages: 1, 2
sbmac
What a wonderful work of art. Thank you Kirk, I am most honored to give this piece a loving home.

IPB Image
Kirk
No, thank you, now send me a guitar!
Provenance
Kirk's work is fucking amazing.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Provenance @ Aug 10 2011, 06:37 PM) *

Kirk's work is fucking amazing.

To be so skilled and talented and at the same time generous and humble is a rare combination.
sbmac
Kirk's walking stick is off-the-charts amazing, and belongs in the Museum of Modern Art.
G&C
Indeed.
You should buy it from Kirk, then donate it.
Artemis
Spoken by a citizen to the carrier of the cane at the county fair in Allentown:

"Is you a pimp?"

G&C
That was funny.

I also liked the looks we got as we paraded to the fair.
Artemis
Made me hold the cane tighter and fumble for the right grip to bust a lip with it, for sure.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Artemis @ Aug 11 2011, 10:48 AM) *

Spoken by a citizen to the carrier of the cane at the county fair in Allentown:

"Is you a pimp?"

The proper answer is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUpDYKRoZ0o
Artemis
The reason for posting the pictures of Kirk's work at the Lounge was that I encountered some technical difficulty here that has since been resolved. It came to my attention that not everybody can see images at the Lounge (I guess you have to be a member), which was a surprise to me. So here they are again. Yes, they're too big, but there are compromises involved in scaling them down that result in loss of detail (not that the detail is that great in most of them to begin with - my camera is obsolete by today's standards).
Artemis
The Green Man:

Artemis
The hefalump in action.

Artemis
The hefalump:

Artemis
The Green Man in repose:

Artemis
What can I say? I like the Green Man:
Artemis
The wormwood spoon:

Artemis
The wormwood shuriken on a bed of the real thing:

Artemis
The Artemis spoon:

Artemis
A grille with a Green man, cherubs, birds, etc:

Artemis
Various pieces straight up:

Kirk
Your camera sees better than I do. I think the pics are better than the real thing. Thanks Artemis.
Kirk
That green man in foliage is a great shot, it captures the feel and the look both, I was happy with the cherub's dimples, it's nice to be able to see them.
Artemis
You're more than welcome. I hope this will inspire people to buy some. This work deserves to prosper.
Provenance
Indeed!
sbmac
Great shots Artemis. It's a good thing when an artist has such dedicated supporters. Kirk clearly has vision and passion, two things that are always in short supply in the world.
Patlow
Whoa!

Kirk
A shot of the cane
Kirk
Opie:
Kirk
Opie has his pimp glasses on.
Here is Pan, who I like to call Puc.
Both are images of the same forum member.
Kirk
Gertz:
Kirk
Not a grille:
Artemis
Nice stuff, Kirk. It occurs to me that some of the things I called Green Men are actually Pan, especially the one at the center of the grille with the cherubs, but it's not a far-fetched association.

Cernunnos is in the mix too.
Click to view attachment

sbmac
I thought it fitting, that the great song Without my Walking Stick be shown here, played by a French family,
with a guitarist who resembles TB just a bit.

Clip
Maduva Galletti
Beautiful works!
Kirk
Flask
G&C
af1.gif
groupwave reversed.gif
Artemis
High ramish, innit?
Jack Batemaster
Héhé !
Patlow
Love it!
Kirk
I always think of Hiram when I make a masonic doo dad.
The thing looks bent but it's from rolling it across the flat bed scanner I slipped a little.
G&C
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 22 2013, 07:20 PM) *

I always think of Hiram when I parody a masonic doo dad…

I fixed that for ya.
Provenance
Wow, what a great flask!
Absomphe
And it's grate, too. chickawow.gif
Jay
That right there is a sessy flask.

On a related tangent spiraling out to reaching back to circa 2007, here are a couple of Kirk's sterling silver pretties which I recently picked up. A belated "well done" to you, Kirk.

IPB Image
Kirk
Thank you.
If memory serves me right, I made those for Provenance.
Provenance
If memory serves me right, I still have them.
Kirk
I don't remember making more than 2 of those two, but I don't remember so good, the other two I gave to David, his had a damascene finish. Could be I made 3 of those two, I don't know.

Jay
Alastair McMillan was the previous owner. That's about as much as I know about their provenance without a capital P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.