Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Northern California
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Caitlyn
abs-cheers.gif

Hi to one and all, my name is Caitlyn and I have been curious about Absinthe since well before the ban was lifted, but have only of late made my first acquaintance with the Green Fairy. Needless to say it was love at first sip! Living in the San Francisco Bay area is fortunate in many ways, in particular, excellent Absinthe is readily available. Unlike a girl friend of mine, my first taste of Absinthe was a wonderful experience. My friend, however, has only tasted Lucid Absinthe and one that was probably from the Czech Republic as it was prepared in the flaming fashion popularized there (this made it more foul tasting than the Lucid according to my friend). So far I have had better luck. My first taste was Absente-Absinthe refined, then Grand Absente-Absinthe Originale, both quite delicious with a very prominent anise nose and flavor, a smooth finish without any bitterness from the wormwood. The Grand Absinthe is a little higher in alcohol content. My friend is not a big anise fan, but I'm hoping she can be won over by experiencing a real Absinthe. Suggestions would be appreciated

More recently I've continued my exploration with a bottle of Mata Hari-Absinthe Bohemian from Austria which uses salvia in it's recipe. It has a less obvious anise flavor, it also has a very slightly bitter finish (which I don't find objectionable) and seems a bit more complex than the other two. In fact, I'm enjoying as glass as I type and looking forward to finding my next treasure!

absintheglass-glow2.gif
Kirk
Bullxit.
Jaded Prole
Welcome. Having tasted and liked some bad absinthe and some imitations, you will probably like the real thing. You should consider buying Walton Waters or some Pacifique, both good domestic absinthes. I'm sure others will give you suggestions as well. Life is too short for bad booze and you are fortunate to arrive when better is available.

Tibro
My advice to you: yotta lerk mohr.

(But I applaud your spelling and grammar.)
Provenance
QUOTE(Caitlyn @ Sep 6 2011, 11:18 PM) *
my name is Caitlyn

Caitlyn,

Show us your tits.

My friend, however, has only tasted Lucid Absinthe and one that was probably from the Czech Republic as it was prepared in the flaming fashion popularized there (this made it more foul tasting than the Lucid according to my friend).

Hard to imagine anything could make Lucid taste worse.

My friend is not a big anise fan, but I'm hoping she can be won over by experiencing a real Absinthe. Suggestions would be appreciated

Show us her tits.

More recently I've continued my exploration with a bottle of Mata Hari-Absinthe Bohemian from Austria which uses saliva in it's recipe.

That's what makes it taste so good.
eric
Welcome Caitlyn!
We love you.
Bruno Rygseck
Hello, and welcome. Strange, I remembered that the Absente was also sugared but still quite bitter. Maybe the U.S. recipe differs from the European version.

Real, distilled absinthe will have no bitterness coming from grand wormwood, Artemisia absinthium, as only the aromatic properties of A.a. will come through in distillation (all real absinthe is distilled). Also, every real absinthe contains anise and louches when water is added.
Artemis
Unlike a girl friend of mine, my first taste of Absinthe was a wonderful experience.

A girl friend is best tasted over several sittings. A one-off experience can be deceiving based upon the phase of the moon and several other factors. This is also true of absinthe.

"which uses saliva in it's recipe"

Someone get this girl a glass of absinthe.
Tibro
QUOTE(Artemis @ Sep 8 2011, 01:47 AM) *

A girl friend is best tasted over several sittings.

To add further comment wood be beneath me.
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Provenance @ Sep 7 2011, 07:47 AM) *

my name is Caitlyn

Caitlyn,

Show us your tits.

My friend, however, has only tasted Lucid Absinthe and one that was probably from the Czech Republic as it was prepared in the flaming fashion popularized there (this made it more foul tasting than the Lucid according to my friend).

Hard to imagine anything could make Lucid taste worse.

My friend is not a big anise fan, but I'm hoping she can be won over by experiencing a real Absinthe. Suggestions would be appreciated

Show us her tits.

More recently I've continued my exploration with a bottle of Mata Hari-Absinthe Bohemian from Austria which uses saliva in it's recipe.

That's what makes it taste so good.

blink.gif Oops! I meant salvia, the herb, Lol. I hope saliva, other than my own, isn't one of the ingredients.
Provenance
If you check your original posting you'll see that you originally spelled "salvia" the way you intended.

My quote was an attempt to correct your posting since I couldn't imagine that you confused absinthe with some two-bit, half-assed attempt at a drug trip.
Tibro
Some people have no imagination.

And I use the term "people" very liberally. In this case spedcifikally.
Artemis
I didn't even notice the salvia/saliva transposition when I copied it. That will teach me to capture the original and not a response. But it made the whole thing mo betta.

There are lots of varieties of salvia, but I presume the stuff in question at least pretends to include salvia divinorum.

Caitlyn, if you're real and you're serious, thank you for your attention to Fee Verte Forum. The stuff you have consumed isn't really absinthe. If you liked it, you're sure to like good absinthe even better.
Provenance
Artemis is FV's designated Nice Person™
G&C
Someone had to do it…
Artemis
It's better than crickets.
Jaded Prole
Artemis is a Gentleman
No reason to not be nice to a newby just for being naive. Now if they say something stupid . . .
R3al Caravano
We are 138
Jaded Prole
BFD
R3al Caravano
We are not 138!

We might be 138!
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Artemis @ Sep 8 2011, 01:13 PM) *

I didn't even notice the salvia/saliva transposition when I copied it. That will teach me to capture the original and not a response. But it made the whole thing mo betta.

There are lots of varieties of salvia, but I presume the stuff in question at least pretends to include salvia divinorum.

Caitlyn, if you're real and you're serious, thank you for your attention to Fee Verte Forum. The stuff you have consumed isn't really absinthe. If you liked it, you're sure to like good absinthe even better.

Actually, I was just reading from the label on the bottle, but I can hardly wait for the real thing. Thanks for the welcome.
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Sep 7 2011, 06:25 AM) *

Welcome. Having tasted and liked some bad absinthe and some imitations, you will probably like the real thing. You should consider buying Walton Waters or some Pacifique, both good domestic absinthes. I'm sure others will give you suggestions as well. Life is too short for bad booze and you are fortunate to arrive when better is available.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestions. I look forward to trying them both and thanks for responding.
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Tibro @ Sep 7 2011, 07:29 AM) *

My advice to you: yotta lerk mohr.

Which is exactly why I am here, thanks for the suggestion!
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Provenance @ Sep 8 2011, 08:11 AM) *

If you check your original posting you'll see that you originally spelled "salvia" the way you intended.

My quote was an attempt to correct your posting since I couldn't imagine that you confused absinthe with some two-bit, half-assed attempt at a drug trip.

Are you always so warm and fuzzy? harhar.gif
G&C
Only by accident.
Provenance
No, no, no. The shaving incident was an accident.

The fuzzy incidents were quite intentional.
Tibro
I wasn't aware you could be such a cut-up.
Jaded Prole
He always looks a little fuzzy to me.
The Standard Deviant
QUOTE(Provenance @ Sep 8 2011, 11:02 PM) *

Artemis is FV's designated Nice Person™

He used to be one of the others, but then there was a glut!
Caitlyn
QUOTE(Provenance @ Sep 16 2011, 07:20 AM) *

No, no, no. The shaving incident was an accident.

The fuzzy incidents were quite intentional.

This shaving incident/accident sounds like a story worth hearing about!!! pirate2.gif
Provenance
Not really. Now when I playing Pirate & the French Maid, that's a story worth hearing about.
Tibro
Rumor has it that's a very short story that's over before it's begun.
Provenance
The cops still talk about it.
Jaded Prole
He can't even come to Virginia!
Tibro
Even that explanation is two words too many.
Artemis
QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 17 2011, 02:22 PM) *
Not really. Now when I playing Pirate & the French Maid, that's a story worth hearing about.

Click to view attachment

Provenance
Oddly enough, I was reading the S. Clay Wilson story with that illustration not too long ago.
Artemis
A Ball in the Bunghole

A classic.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.