Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Must try before die
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
EdouardPerneau
I've just got that idea what absinthe One should try before he die … I'm bored of the absinthe market I dunno what to try… everything just seem " déjà vu "

Green and white

Euro,swiss and US

sbmac
I just had the newer version of Angelique. I'm told Claude-Alain no longer uses AA in the coloration, so the earlier complaints of excessive bitterness are no longer a concern. It was delicious. I found it needed a bit of sugar, as it still has a slightly bitter wormwood punch, but it is a very nice balance of masculine and feminine, with a very decent absinthe aroma neat, and a beautiful louche. I opened the bottle, and I felt like I was standing in his distillery again.
Absomphe
Sauvage and L'Ancienne.
Green Baron
KOSG. The trying will hasten the dying. Zombie3.gif
EdouardPerneau
well , I don't like l'ancienne ohmy.gif for sauvage every one told me that is the best offering nowaday so … i'm still shy to give a try

is it better than the unfamous l'artisanale ?
Tibro
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Oct 20 2011, 09:31 AM) *

I'm bored of the absinthe market I dunno what to try…

Beer.

It'll change your world.
Provenance
Absomphe
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Oct 20 2011, 09:14 AM) *

for sauvage every one told me that is the best offering nowaday so … i'm still shy to give a try

is it better than the unfamous l'artisanale ?

Different.

A better comparison would actually be to censored2.gif. harhar.gif

Seriously, if you're a fan of wormwood showcased absinthes, this is the best commercially available.

If not, then het.gif
Artemis
is it better than the unfamous l'artisanale

L'artisanale begat Texas Green.

Texas Green begat Blues Cat.

Those who have ears to hear, let them louche.
Provenance
Louche my ears?
Artemis
What? I can't hear you!
Steve
For a blanche, the Sevil is wonderful.

I agree with Absomphe about the Sauvage. Less unusual but still extremely delicious is the new Authentique (Pernot).

But… must try before you die? The only things I would put in that category are vintage.
EdouardPerneau
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 20 2011, 08:09 PM) *

For a blanche, the Sevil is wonderful.

I agree with Absomphe about the Sauvage. Less unusual but still extremely delicious is the new Authentique (Pernot).

But… must try before you die? The only things I would put in that category are vintage.

Yeah my tough too but I might have been wrong …

Indeed beer is an decent alternative also way cheaper but there is nothing in it to Trip Balz ™ Saddly
EdouardPerneau
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Oct 20 2011, 05:52 PM) *

Seriously, if you're a fan of wormwood showcased absinthes, this is the best commercially available.

If not, then het.gif

I do like anise also … Is there too much alcohol heat ( I mean Un emile , roquette too much alcohol too less herbs)in the sauvage ?
Tibro
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Oct 21 2011, 10:09 AM) *

Indeed beer is an decent alternative also way cheaper but there is nothing in it to Trip Balz ™ Saddly

Sadly, there are cannabis beers available.
Absomphe
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Oct 21 2011, 01:12 AM) *

Is there too much alcohol heat ( I mean Un emile , roquette too much alcohol too less herbs)in the sauvage ?

Sauvage is much more herbal than Roquette, and has a much fuller louche.

There is no excess heat. For a drink that powerfully flavored, it's very smooth.
Kirk
I've only had 3 or 4 bottles of commercial absinthe that were drinkable.
sbmac
Blues Cat
Provenance
Uh….folks here know this just booze right?
Kirk
Not really, I look at it as the flower of the distillers art.
G&C
Kirk, it's just booze.
Artemis
Click to view attachment
Absomphe
Scotty's stuff was more betterer.

He didn't know what is was…but it was green!
Tibro
Cannabis beer.

Betterer onacuz it's not just booze.
Jaded Prole
Vodka is just booze.

Great Absinthe, Gin, Scotch, or other fine spirits are a culinary achievement.

The best booze is a revelation.
Green Baron
I'd agree. I consider the best absinthes to be like art, because with them, the producer not only had a specific aesthetic result in mind, and not only achieved it, but it's impact on me was like a form of communication; an opening of the mind to a new, layered experience and conveyance of the artist's perspective.

With the best CO's, it's commercial art, sure, but still, when it's done by the maker's own hand…CO examples that spring to mind would be Stafano and Dakini's creations.
Bruno Rygseck
I don't know about the dying part but you should try Sauvage.

Green Baron
Isn't Sauvage green? But I thought real absinthe, like in the pre-ban days was brown CoffeeCup2.gif
(and it was just the color distortion caused by 19th century lamps that made it look amber or green in the all those paintings. torch.gif )
Provenance
You're thinking of the nose of certain people.
Bruno Rygseck
Nouvelle Vague tastes brown.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 20 2011, 08:09 PM) *

The only things I would put in that category are vintage.

Agreed. I would call them "try before they die". Vintage absinthes are an endangered species, and I am proud that I have helped push them towards extinction.
Jaded Prole
Have we reached Peak Vintage?!
Absomphe
Probably.

Personally, I passed it quite some time ago.
Artemis
Try before die.

I can't think of any. I certainly haven't had any like that.
Provenance
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Oct 21 2011, 01:26 PM) *
Have we reached Peak Vintage?!

No, I think we have some good years left.

At least I hope so.
Tibro
What I need to try before I die is to add more joy to this world.

That's all.

That's why I agree that the rest of it is just booze. Human kindness is more intoxicating than anything you could ever consume. The ethanol is just a cover for how much we're failing each other. Yeah, I'll toast to that. With pre-ban. Or beer.

Or just some milk of, eh, fuck it, you know…
Green Baron
blink.gif Hey guys? I think there's something wrong with Tibro…no, wait, he might actually be serious! Well, in that case, this should really help you out as you give up your hitman hatchetman career to walk the earth like David Carradine.
Steve
Tibro, you are a ray of sunshine in our lives. But if you choose the path of David Carradine, please remember that plastic bags are not a toy!
sbmac
The last few posts are proof that the people who gather around absinthe
are greater than the absinthe itself, and are the real reason we like absinthe.
Absomphe
Except for xenophobes like me, who just like absinthe.

But, seriously…must try before die should really be reserved for beer.
thegreenimp
There are a couple off Maltese Falcons that have yet to turn up intact, (Or even empty) that I wouldn't mind tasting, but they could just as well turn out to be nothing special, intact.

I'm pretty happy to have found some vintage Herbsaint, that was enough for me.

Now if it was that other obsession…
Steve
You and Kate Bush will never be a couple. I'm sorry, but it just isn't going to happen.
thegreenimp
There's always the next best thing.

Fake Bush
Tibro
Alright, I think I'm over it now.

Yeah, in fact, fuck the impersonator. I mean really, fuck her, imp.

In the nicest possible way.
Jaded Prole
Human kindness is more intoxicating than anything you could ever consume.

Well said.
Provenance
QUOTE(Tibro @ Oct 22 2011, 10:34 AM) *

What I need to try before I die is to add more joy to this world.

That's all.

That's why I agree that the rest of it is just booze. Human kindness is more intoxicating than anything you could ever consume.

It's also free, can be passed on without giving any up and, treated properly, never in short supply. Thus, it has lousy marketing potential.
Tibro
But who wants to hang out at a dirty hippy forum?
Provenance
Depends. I heard hippy chicks are easy.
Tibro
Well at least they usually have something to tie before you dye.
Provenance
There is that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.