Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First modern Swedish distilled absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
hartsmar
A small batch distillery - Sankta Annas Bränneri - outside Örebro, Sweden, is about to launch their first product, a traditionally distilled absinthe named Valkyria.

Will be interesting to taste.

Label (from their Facebook page here)
IPB Image

...more to follow...

abs-cheers.gif
Provenance
It's going to have to be good to better than Krut's Karport, probably my all time favorite.
hartsmar
HA! Well, there is one brand new Danish absinthe also, just recently released. Traditionally distilled that one too...

Krut's is... well... da shit.
Donnie Darko
I'm only drinking it if it's distilled by this guy:
IPB Image
Bruno Rygseck
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 8 2011, 06:27 PM) *

…more to follow…

yes…yes…YES…Please. When? Price? From Systembolaget? Do they ship to Finland? I can't wait…
hartsmar
Systembolaget most likely won't ship anywhere...
But something tells me you'll get to taste it... wink.gif

December 1st will be the date when they accept first orders through selected stores.
Habu
Any info what kind of wormwood has been used? Does wormwood grow in Sweden anyway?
Tibro
Have a look.
Habu
Doubtfully native. The term "casual alien" sound cool! :) Sardinia looks good also.
Bruno Rygseck
A.a. grows wild in Aland (Åland Islands, not Alandia). Very aromatic, too.
Tibro
Casual aliens are kewl. If you don't know that already I'm sure that you'll see for yourself soon enough.
Habu
Genau. :->
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.