Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wormwood Society Bandwidth Pledge
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Oxygenee
I'd like to ask all FV members to donate ANY spare bandwidth to our friends at the Wormwood Society. Even if you just have a few unwanted kilobytes lying around the house, in this desperate hour, every byte counts. Rest assured your unwanted bandwidth will find a deserving home, and will be lovingly moderated at all times.

I myself will be donating nearly a megabyte, and I challenge ALL Fee Verte regulars to match or better that. It's time to dig deep. Kirk? Provenance? Grim? C'mon gentlemen.
Tibro
I want to be sure I understood you correctly, did you say kilobyte or bite-to-kill? I ask because they seem a bit a toothless over there and that wouldn't be at all fair if you said the latter.
Absomphe
Bandwidth, you say?

I'll be happy to donate some old Meatloaf, Blues Traveler, and Romeo Void, posthaste.
Green Baron
Well thank goodness Oxy's been monitoring WS operational status so vigilantly and that he was appropriately moved to bring us this urgent update in near real-time. Good lookin' out, don't know what they wouldda done withoutcha! Fortunately, there's so much spare bandwidth at LFV some days you can almost hear a pin drop amongst the data packets, so I'm sure it wont be a problem to help 'em out. heart.gif
Provenance
I tried, unfortunately their heads are on a dial-up connection.
Tibro
Maybe someone's tied the line up ordering a pizza to be made and delivered. You know how picky they can get about ingredients and cooking instructions.
Bruno Rygseck
I could donate a 56K modem for their dial-up modem pool, and a crimp tool. For connectors.

Bruno Rygseck
Hey, I got an idea. Why not save space by just posting an MD5 checksum of an intended post, instead of the post itself? Just a one-liner of garbled hexadecimal.

R3al Caravano
It's kinda early in the month for this sort of thing…Has someone been posting hot links of of Erik Estrada again… or if they are affiliated with Penn State that is a popular search these days.
hartsmar
Unlimited bandwidth starts from $4.99 a month... So you have to be really REALLY cheap to have anything else.

sbmac
Abs…you misspelled prostrate
Artemis
There's been a few times I blew off making a post there because I couldn't upload a graphic with it. Or sometimes it was nothing but a graphic I wanted to post. I noticed last week, when I was last over there, that not all the images posted were linked from some other website; some were uploaded directly, so some members there apparently have that privilege.
Tibro
Just can't be satisfied overusing the emoticons there like everyone else, huh?
Absomphe
QUOTE(sbmac @ Nov 14 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Abs…you misspelled prostrate

And you misspelled prostate, even.
Tibro
Why don't you two get a room and finger it out in private.
Absomphe
Glove you, too, bro. abs-cheers.gif
sixela
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 14 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Unlimited bandwidth starts from $4.99 a month… So you have to be really REALLY cheap to have anything else.

Unlimited download bandwidth. Unlimited upload bandwidth?

sbmac
We're really using up bandwidth with our mutual misspellings of prostate. I suggest we stop posthaste.
Artemis, I have to upload images to my website's server and link to it. I think only a couple mods there can post images directly.
sixela
The question remains: if we donate donwload bandwidth, does it become upload bandwidth at their end, or should we be donating upload bandwidth?

After all, we don't want to mix this up (see movie "Doppelgänger", or "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun" for those whom the movie industry has deemed to thick to decode the original movie title).
R3al Caravano
All I know is I don't know what everyone is drinking when I'm too drunk to click the category link on the topic.
Hiram
I'd like to thank those of you who helped relieve our crisis by donating FV's surplus bandwidth. You're so fortunate to have such an abundance of it here. Can you imagine if you could roll over unused bandwidth from month to month?? This place would be worth a fortune!

QUOTE(sixela @ Nov 15 2011, 03:49 PM) *
The question remains: if we donate donwload bandwidth, does it become upload bandwidth at their end, or should we be donating upload bandwidth?

After all, we don't want to mix this up (see movie "Doppelgänger", or "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun" for those whom the movie industry has deemed to thick to decode the original movie title).

Damn, Sixer, what happen to you?

Oxygenee
Always good to see you here, Hiram. My amusement at the witty banter is enhanced by knowing that the WS is offline again.
Tibro
Didn't there used to be a saying, something like: Excess bandwiff will see you through times of excess thuj0ne better than vice versa or something? How did that go?
R3al Caravano
The handle needs to be changed "Loram".
sixela
QUOTE(Hiram @ Nov 16 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Wasn't me. Honest. All my BASE are belong to them!!!
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Hiram @ Nov 16 2011, 03:13 PM) *

I'd like to thank those of you who helped relieve our crisis by donating FV's surplus bandwidth. You're so fortunate to have such an abundance of it here. Can you imagine if you could roll over unused bandwidth from month to month?? This place would be worth a fortune![i]

In the bandwidth penis measuring contest, I'd rather have room for growth than be maxxed out by the time I got to first base.

There is also the matter of whether bandwidth use is a barometer for anything other than popular chatter. How many of us thought the most popular girl in school was also the most interesting girl in school?
Tibro
The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny.
David Hume
eric
What is the difference between "'brown nosing"and "ass kissing"?

Depth perception.
Provenance
QUOTE(eric @ Nov 17 2011, 01:56 PM) *

What is the difference between "feuille morte nosing" and "ass kissing"?

Depth perception.

What is the difference between the Wormwood Society and "ass kissing"?

Not much if you want to stay in their good graces.
sbmac
Eric…glad you posted your joke. I needed a laugh. Great talking to you today BTW.
Keep an eye on your mailbox.
G&C
Is that brown nosing, or ass kissing?
sbmac
Clearly both.
Tibro
Good thing we had an expert on hand to make that call.
sbmac
Yup. I have a certificate and everything. A 2-year course at WS.
Tibro
Thass a lot of suckin' up to do.

Looks like it's making your head explode.

Click to view attachment
sbmac
Shit….where's that fuckin' bucket?
Tibro
Just like someone looking for his glasses when they're perched on top of his head.
Stroller
QUOTE(Hiram @ Nov 16 2011, 12:13 PM) *

I'd like to thank those of you who helped relieve our crisis by donating FV's surplus bandwidth. You're so fortunate to have such an abundance of it here. Can you imagine if you could roll over unused bandwidth from month to month?? This place would be worth a fortune!

QUOTE(sixela @ Nov 15 2011, 03:49 PM) *

I'm surprised you need assistance with bandwidth considering the amount of public assistance/welfare your website receives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.