Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pernod Fils Tarragona, 1950s
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
The Standard Deviant
Bottles of vintage Pernod Fils absinthe made in Tarragona to choose from, and 50 ml vintage samples!

IPB Image

We were tempted to have a party and drink all of it…

IPB Image
sbmac
Hi Andrew, my friends are already asking about another group order. I sent you an e-mail asking about these bottles of Tarragona. I'm just making sure you received it!

-Scott

Patlow
There is one less now. Hurry! wink.gif
The Standard Deviant
Hey!
Patlow
Hey!
sbmac
WTF… I sent that as a PM. Can't afford it anyway. Damn.
The Standard Deviant
PMs getting expensive these days, using up all the bandwidth.
Habu
Forget the vintage, but the carafe is great! Where can I get it?
Provenance
My thought exactly.
thegreenimp
Look at the top post.

Same place I got mine.

Click to view attachment
Habu
Yeah… I knew I was just lazy…

Thanks.
sbmac
These new beak-style carafes also have less of an angle on the neck than many of the antique ones. It is likely easier to get ice into the carafe. With my vintage one seen below, I have to either crush the ice get it in, or use those cube trays made for sports water bottles. One comment, from the video of this repro piece, the spout could be a tad thinner to produce a finer stream, but it looks like it will work OK as long as you start and stop multiple times while pouring. The nice thing about some of the old ones is, the super fine stream allows a steady yet still lightly-splattering pour. I'll take a good carafe over a fountain any day.

IPB Image
Tibro
The nice thing about the advent of indoor plumbing is being able to louche at the kitchen sink.
Jaded Prole
I just squeeze a paper cup and get a nice, steady trickle. It isn't as beautiful as an old carafe but you can't beat the price.
thegreenimp
Grimmy made the official TXLF Brouille out of a plastic Dixie cup with a dripper hole made from a thumbtack.
The Standard Deviant
Here's a video of the carafe in use, not at all a bad way to spend an afternoon!

Absinth carafe and bubble glass reproductions in action
The Standard Deviant
QUOTE(Habu @ Dec 3 2011, 08:49 PM) *

Forget the vintage, but the carafe is great! Where can I get it?

: )

I think due to some kind of voodoo-powered lightning-fast response, our friend the Green Imp was the first person to have one of these!
Patlow
Voodoo magic!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.