Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beer
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Stroller
I've seen many different opinions on the interweb.. Anyone have first hand advice?

G&C
Never been there.

I'm a dumass that enjoys natural finishing in the bottle.
eric
Forced carbonation does not look the same in the glass.
Cask conditioned is the way to go.

Absomphe
What he said!
Provenance
Indeed!
Artemis
Party Pigs.

There are other ways, but I have no first hand experience with those.
Jack Batemaster
ça ne fait rien
Artemis
Maybe not for sour beer, or for sour pusses. They worked just fine for me.
R3al Caravano
A lot of home brewers use corney kegs. They are good for forced carbonation or cask conditioning. They main way they are better than a traditional keg is that they have a large port in the top, making cleaning much easier. If you get a CO2 bottle, regulator and tap; you can interchange the fittings for standard keg fittings as well. I haven't priced them in a while, but you used to be able to get a set-up for about $150. I imagine the actual kegs might be a little more than they used to be, but I would generally pay about $25 for a used corney keg.
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(le pape @ Jan 23 2012, 01:55 PM) *

Maybe not for sour beer, or for sour pusses. They worked just fine for me.

Pas toi. Le cochonne de fête peut marcher bien.

Je doit utiliser un traducteur:
« La carbonatation est la carbonatation. La plupart des gens, la carbonatation forcée sera mieux dans un verre »

La plupart des gens ne peuvent pas goûter ni voir la différence…
Artemis
Ah, mais Stoller n'est pas une personne ordinaire!

Il a un cochon qui marche la marche!

It's true that a Party Pig will not carbonate beer, by force or otherwise. Some fermentable sugar and yeast must still be in the beer for that, but it's possible to achieve something like cask-conditioned beer, yet with CO2 bubbles in the glass, using a Party Pig. Thus my suggestion must be considered an alternative, rather than an actual answer to his question.
Jack Batemaster
J'ai toujours du carbonate de ma bière naturellement parce que le sucre n'est pas cher.

Je peux toujours trouver du sucre, mais je ne peux pas toujours aller au magasin de bière de maison pour acheter plus CO2.
Jack Batemaster
Pas parce qu'elle goûte mieux que le carbonation forcée, mais parce que c'est plus facile.
Artemis
Prolly have to go to a welding supply shop for CO2.

Agreed, it was always for me more trouble than it was worth.
Jack Batemaster
La bière ne sortira pas très bien sans un réservoir de CO2 aussi. On doit un réservoir de CO2.
R3al Caravano
I always forced carbonated on a basis of ease. The less containers one has to clean and sanitized the quicker you can do it. One compromise could be 1 liter EZ-Caps. It oly take about 18 of them to bottle a standard batch (5 Gallons), and even if you do not drink a liter at a time; it will keep the carbonation for a few days in the fridge once opened.
Stroller
I was just being lazy & didn't want to bottle the 10 gallons I have. I have three taps in the house, two with ball locks for corny kegs and one sanke. I was kicking around force carbonating to see how it works out.
Stroller
Le prochain lot sera fait avec des restes à partir de la russe fleuve supplication.
Kirk
You too? It's like a zomby movie when you turn to look at your best friend and he's zombified too.
Jack Batemaster
Monsieur Cameroun, on est désolé mais on ne te comprend plus.
Jack Batemaster
Je vais cuisiner une autre bière de printemps. J'ai dû dépotoir mon dernier lot. Il avait trop de levures sauvage.
R3al Caravano
If you have the equipment it's a breeze. http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php Given your hose is standard size and less than ten feet. It takes about 4 days at serve temperature. You can knock out a day or two if you do the first day at room temp… Of course there is now "green" time as the new would be alcohol comes to rest.
Jack Batemaster
Vous pouvez le secouer aussi. Le plus on le secoue, le plus rapid la bière sera carbonate.

R3al Caravano
I think you are confusing your tools.
G&C
It wouldn't be the first time…
Provenance
Some people are lucky to have them at all, even if they don't know what to do with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.