Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pastis!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Tibro
You left the "e" out. I'm not even going to look.
Absomphe
It's Canadiania, what else could one expect(orate)?
eric
Actually Pernod Liqueur d'Anise is technically not a pastis.
Pernod 51 is a pastis made by P-R but is not sold in America.
Artemis
By definition, I am a poseur. My interests include things I imagine to be of no interest to ordinary people.

I am going to mention absinthe several times within a few paragraphs that have nothing to do with absinthe. I will also mention Van Gogh and Oscar Wilde, because that's what hacks do when they write about absinthe, even when not writing about absinthe.

I will use the word "eccentric" to refer to people of genius and to myself alike, because that allows me to believe we have something in common. So what if they went to prison or an asylum; I smoke a pipe and wax my lip hair.

R3al Caravano
…another Hunter S. Thompson in the making…there is no need to say more ugly things, but spring's coming and you get to put my hands in the soil again. Fuck Yeah…The omission "Dip that Canadian 'stach in that green and suck it off and smoke your pipe outside the asylum window. Who knows, maybe meet some chicks that read and understand the literature. Don't forget to look morose it's the new ironic after the old ironically confused. Here since we are well past the "I" need in an modern audience: it was taboo, then it was often, too often, then the internet "you". You are the single handed arbitrator of everything I say. We prefer the "Royal" we it sounds more like the borg: we are of common mind: We use it as much as possible in a business writing, to say it in person is even funnier."
delirium
What pastis would you recommend? Maybe I could try some.
Tibro
I recommend pasties.

The e makes all the difference.
Green Baron
If you feel curious enough to dip your pasties in some pastis, Henri Bardouin would be the one. It's got some nice flavors, though ultimately like all pastiseses it's got too much star anise and not enough wormwood to be a regular thing for me.
G&C
. . . too much star anise and not enough wormwood to be a thing for me.

Fixed
Jack Batemaster
Les deux le goût de réglisse noire. Certains sont brûlés, certains ne sont pas brûlés.
Absomphe
Nadie dan un pendejo del mono de s qué usted yammering alrededor en francés falso. Crezca la cogida, ya, usted pueril, asshole que usa del zapato del payaso. cdog-plain.gif
Jack Batemaster
Désolé, mais je ne te comprends pas.
Absomphe
Aangezien het zou moeten zijn.
Tibro
Every hero becomes a bore at last.
Jack Batemaster
Vraiment.
Tibro
In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.
Artemis
You don't stand a chance, son, if your pants are undone.
Tibro
Sez you.

The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it.
Artemis
Vraiment.

Non.

Certains ne vivent pas longtemps assez.
Artemis
Sez you.

I'd like to, but I'm no Ian Anderson.
Tibro
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Jack Batemaster

Vraiment.

Non.

Certains ne vivent pas longtemps assez.

Vraiment.
Tibro
To fill the hour—that is happiness.
Jack Batemaster

La fête d'absinthe est Terminus™.

thegreenimp
QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 16 2012, 12:21 PM) *

Monsieur Mustache is that you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.