Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blues Cat
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Artemis
This coming weekend some Blues Cat will be transferred from stainless steel into bottles and released for sale immediately through the usual outlets. So it's been aged almost eight months by my calculation. There's nothing at the DP site; Cheryl says Facebook is easier to update (I can't read it myself, but I did talk to her today).
Père Ubu
Saw it last night / early morning. Cheryl and Ted both seem fond of communicating through FB. As is Julie at CC.

https://catskillcellars.com/products/united…perieure-verte/
Artemis
I'm not a member so I can't read it - at least I guess that's how it works.

It's a lot less work than updating the DP website, reaches a lot of people and they spread the word elsewhere, says Cheryl, but she might drop in and make a post about it. I told her I would, in any case. Julie from Catskill will be helping with the bottling, I understand.
Père Ubu
The link is to the regular CC site. The page where you can order Blues Cat specifically.
Tibro
I've heard about Basefook. And Blues Cat, too. I learn things about the outside world from coming here. I hope to try the Blues Cat, but the Basefook I can probably do without.
Artemis
The link is to the regular CC site. The page where you can order Blues Cat specifically.

Yeah, I got that. I visit the Catskill Cellars page from time to time. I meant that I can't read Facebook unless I get someone who's registered there to sign in first. No way I'm registering myself.
Tibro
Well, if it's posted at the Lounge then it must be true.
Kirk
My wife de joined facebook and was barraged with pictures of her friends and family with the caption"'"X'" will miss you"
thegreenimp
It can be fun, like anything else in this crazy world.

All depends what one does with it.
Artemis
Quitting it would in theory be fun, but it seems they saw to that ...
thegreenimp
It helps being monomaniacal.
Kirk
It was kind of sad seeing my daughter's face in a spam from FB saying "S;;;; will miss you", pissed me off, seeing as I see her almost every day.
Provenance
Qui est ce « Facebook » ?
Tibro

It helps being monomaniacal.

On several fronts at once.
thegreenimp
I like to stay focused.

Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(Provenance @ May 3 2012, 08:12 PM) *

Qui est ce « livre d'Ânes » ?

Je ne sais pas, non plus ?
Artemis
I get lots of offers from Sirius radio: "We want you back!"

What do they not understand about I can't get the damned signal anymore?

At least they don't mail me photos of Marc Bolan.
Provenance
And yet you appreciate T. Wrecks.
Artemis
Facebroke has something there. If Sirius was serious, they'da sent me this, try to induce me to boogie.

Click to view attachment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiQTFcFPDY

Artemis
Click to view attachment
OCvertDe
Beautiful.
Greytail
I think i can see my bottle. Second row. Third from left.
Artemis
Nah, that's yours on the far right with the lip prints on it harhar.gif .
OCvertDe
I'm not surprised this is already sold out the day after it became available, but I am pretty sad to have missed out on it.
Absomphe
I feel your pain OCD.

Except it'll be numbed when my bottles arrive. evill.gif
Greytail
w00t2.gif
Père Ubu
Now that the hype has died down, I can say I really like the booze inside.
Greytail
I concur. Took a bit, but the cat has grown on me.
Jack Batemaster
Je ne l'ai jamais bu.
Greytail
Then go find a bottle and drink!
Jack Batemaster
Je suis avoir freiné. Pas Ricard.
Greytail
Eh, what's that, you're broke? Need a little air? Let me give you some air. (shoots bullets into trunk).

For translation watch "white Heat" with James Cagney.
Jack Batemaster
Ouais, sans argent. Normalement, je n'achète jamais l'absinthe et je bois de la bière pas absinthe, non plus.
Tibro
La bière Sacré fabriqué par les moines?

You know, like holy beer?
Jack Batemaster
Parfois.
Tibro
Just a shot in the dark.
Jack Batemaster
Au printemps et en été je ne bois pas beaucoup de bière brune.
Greytail
I remember when i stopped buying absinthe and stuck with beer. Now i am hooked again. Be better off if i were just a beer guy again though.
Jack Batemaster
Pourquoi? Beaucoup de bières vous faites $20 pour une bouteille.
Greytail
True. I am more picky with my beer. These days i stick with IPAs and import ales. Beer doesn't stretch as far as a bottle of absinthe either.
sbmac
It's louche sucks too.
Greytail
Guiness draught has a pretty wicked louche though.
Tibro
Lagers will louche with tomato juice.
Jack Batemaster
Hoegaarden louche.
Absomphe
Ho' garden, lush. vagina.gif
Greytail
Thats a lush puppy. You can order them at long John silvers.
Steve
Blues Cat is excellent. I am remiss for not having commented earlier. I am sure I would recognize it as Eric's in a blind tasting. Nobody gets a louche like that without Eric's technique. The coloration is classic Eric as well. I won't say why, but it lines up perfectly with my understanding of his philosophy. I just wish I could buy a bunch more bottles.

I suppose I could do a review one of these days, but it seems kind of pointless if this is sold out and will never be made again.
G&C
Nobody gets a louche like that without Eric's technique.

Um, wrong.
Steve
Um, whatever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.