Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish this forum was more active.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Greytail
Whats the point?
Grim
Lack of interest; start talking, you'll likely tickle the tail of a few dragons.

Welcome back, by the way.
Absomphe
Wassamatta, buddy, WS not masochistic enough for ya? dev.gif
sbmac
Agreed, I keep hearing folks talk about FV being dead, stagnant, etc… I would hate for this to be the case, after getting to know a few of you guys in the real world. The people I've met here are great guys, fun to hang with, and smart as Hell. I've learned a lot from you. I am aware of the importance of quality over quantity however. So it is what it is.

Cheers.
Jay
As soon as some ladies wander into this thread, we'll have enough for an old-fashioned mixer.
sbmac
Hey Jay, you mean that "come-hither" look in your avatar photo won't do the trick?
Jack Batemaster
C'est parce que tous les gens ici sont vieux, chauve, ennuyeux … dans cette sitation, le mot le plus important, : ennuyeux.
sbmac
La meilleure sorte des gens. Aucune surprise. Seulement bagages et souffle d'absinthe.
Père Ubu
But where did the rum go?
Jack Batemaster
Le rhum rouge ?
Père Ubu
Yeah, I'd rather have plain old firewater, than a light rum.
sbmac
Rhum rouge

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy…. (Jack Torrence, that is).
Père Ubu
I meant I was asking for the location of the red rum, onacuz I don't give a xit about light rums ya fancy green guitar playing monkey.

I prefer good old trashy ass firewater than light rums.

Back to pretending to work for me.
Jack Batemaster
Bien sûr, Rhummie.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Jack Batemaster @ Jun 11 2012, 01:24 PM) *

C'est parce que tous les gens ici sont vieux, chauve, ennuyeux … dans cette sitation, le mot le plus important, : ennuyeux.

Or have red hair, and a red mustache. harhar.gif
Greytail
Woah, thought I'd find this thread dead when I checked back in. Glad to see I was mistaken.

Well, what shall we talk about?

How about absinthe soaked monkeys.
Père Ubu
Comment sur absinthe imbibé des singes à la mer.

Fixe.
Greytail
QUOTE(Grim @ Jun 10 2012, 11:56 PM) *

Lack of interest; start talking, you'll likely tickle the tail of a few dragons.

Welcome back, by the way.

Thanks.

Tibro
Holy Jeebus, there are more important ways to spend your time than blubbering about absinthe.
Greytail
Like drinking it, right.
Absomphe
Or sinking it.
Tibro
The only expert rating system with universal applicability. What the fuck else matters?
Jay
Rating the sinks. I'm no expert, but I like the idea of sending a terrible drink to sleep with the fishes in this one.
IPB Image
Greytail
How on earth did you get a picture of my bathroom?
Père Ubu
I'd take a Louisiana swamp version with crawfish in it.
Grim
Have you ever had piss that louched thicker than most absinthes? I'm just asking.

So anyway, this place is still home.
Père Ubu
Last night was THAT good?

Agree, no need for needless posting. The internet is not replacement for social interaction, but merely a means of comunication.

Unless you are stuck in some backwater place like Bellingham or Houston. wacko.gif
Artemis
Crawfish do okay in clear water; they don't mind a fish tank. They'll even clean out the fish, if you have some in there with them.
Greytail
I used to catch craw daddies as a young lad and with friends find entertainment watching them go at it claw to claw.
Père Ubu
They wouldn't last long, until my wife would make a nice stew with them.
sbmac
Fennel, Good n' Plenties and beets makes for a nice piss-louche. C'est naturel, pas comme Serpiss.
Hey, you asked. Glad we can keep things educational.
Père Ubu
I don't see how a bunch of us coming from the WS, and bullshitting endlessly, will accomplish anything other than pissing off the long time residents. I see this as their home, and if they don't see a need to stir things just to keeps things noisy, why the need to be creating a fake ambiance.
Artemis
If you're posting here, you're a Fee Verte member.
Can't get more active without more posts.
Post away.
If somebody has a problem with a post, they'll say so.
Say something back at them if it suits you.
Nothing fake about that ambiance.
sbmac
If these boys are pissed at you, they'll let you know. I came over here waving a banner like a ditzy cheerleader and got my ass kicked. T'was a good thing. Ambience is often manufactured; there's nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned bar where whatever ambience exists grow in the grout in the men's room.

Cheers, and I wish I was tossing a couple back with those of you in Bovaresse.

Greytail
ND,
some of us were here before the WWS ever took off.
Kirk
I like the old internet, where everyone on it had something to say.

Greytail
Now you've either said too much or too little Kirk.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Kirk @ Jun 12 2012, 09:15 PM) *

I like the old internet, where everyone on it had something to say.

Takes a lot of energy these days to talk.

Click to view attachment
G&C
What he said.
Tibro
Fooks'll always find the energy when they got sumthin to sell.
G&C
What are you sellin'?
Tibro
Assperin.

The headaches I distribute free. 'tis good for bidness.
hartsmar
So... where's the bar fight?
Greytail
Two guys walked into a bar…….the third one ducked.
Kirk
Is it artisinal asburn?
Tibro
Sweet meadowsweet, sweety.
Jack Batemaster
Ne sois pas tel aigre !
Bruno Rygseck
I'm a Finn (which should explain things).

Jay
Can't argue with that. I wouldn't know where to begin (besides the obvious geography).

Louisiana crawfish. I've been to exactly one crawfish boil block party, about five years ago. It was in Portland, OR, which may not sound legitimate, but my roommate's boss was from LA and threw a giant New Orleans-inspired party every year. This time around, he had flown in 350 lbs of crawfish directly from LA. They tasted great, and one kind gent taught me how you have to crack the head open and suck the juice out to get all of the flavor. A beer or three into things, that seemed just fine to me, and the crawfish paired nicely with the cajun-spiced corn cobs and assorted veggies on the grill.
Artemis
That head sucking business is more a rite of passage than anything else. If crawfish are well seasoned, you don't have to do it. It's part of the legend, though. At my niece's crawfish shop, they have T shirts that read:
You suck.
We boil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.