Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Medsinthe...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
hartsmar
Come ON! blink.gif

http://medsinthe.ch/en/produkt

Greytail
It's Nyquil blanche. Didn't you know?
Père Ubu
Nyquil Verte plus Benadryl = some seriously livid dreams. Regretfully the crap they give you in ORs is too strong so you dont dream shit. prolly a good thing, me thinks. Now pump head like I've seen others get, THAT is interesting!! Being on a breathing machine for extensive periods gives you so wicked hallucinations.
Tibro
Is that true, that being on a respirator for extended periods begins to induce hallucinations? That may be another piece of the puzzle.

As for the Medsinthe, I want to get a bunch and surreptitiously start leaving in them couples' medicine chests when I'm invited over.

Hey, will this packaging make it easier to send through the US Post?
Provenance
Any well made absinthe IS medsinthe.
Père Ubu
I've seen patients recovering from long respirator use halluciante as I speak with them, ugly paranoid hallucinations. It took about a week for the hallucinations to completely wear off. The pain meds don't help.
Tibro
Medicine, medsinthe, mead, beer…

What's important is working around the federal regulators to make something that's worth ingesting and works to feed the soul.
Père Ubu
The subject of the OP seems to fail on both cases. TG4TG!
Provenance
QUOTE(Père Ubu @ Jul 17 2012, 12:48 PM) *

The subject of OP

Used to have somethin' to do with shillin' supposed La Blues.
Tibro
TGO4evuh!
Bruno Rygseck
I prefer the dry version:

IPB Image
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 17 2012, 02:07 PM) *

Used to have somethin' to do with shillin' supposed La Blues.

GTOpie!!!!!
Provenance
Shhhhh….
Jack Batemaster
On ne sait jamais.
Greytail
Coffee ….. Where is the crazy coffee elephant?
Artemis
From the French forum this morning (posted by Alan Moss):
Réponse de la Distillerie Artemisia:
"Claude-Alain Bugnon est comme tous extrêmement surpris de cette approche catastrophique de présenter l'absinthe. Nous produisons 2 absinthes pour cette jeune société depuis l'année passée et nous ne sommes d'aucune manière impliqué dans son fonctionnement ni dans ce produit, Medsinthe.
Nous allons réévaluer notre intérêt a produire de l'absinthe pour cette société.
L'interprofession a aussi réagit en demandant aux autorités compétentes d'examiner la légalité de ce produit.
Nous ne cautionnons en aucune manière ce genre de méthode de marketing et les gens qui nous connaissent depuis quelques années savent avec quel acharnement nous essayons de faire connaître la véritable absinthe du Val-de-Travers."

Claude-Alain Bugnon is like everybody else extremely surprised at this calamitous approach to presenting absinthe. We produced two absinthes for this young society in the past year and we are in no way involved in its operation, nor in this product, Medsinthe.
We are going to reevaluate our interest in producing absinthe for this society.
The Interprofession has also reacted by asking competent authorities to investigate the legality of this product.
We in no way support this method of marketing and people who have known us for some years know the furious energy with which we try to make known the true absinthe of the Val-de-Travers.
Père Ubu
All clear on the left! All clear on the right!
The court is hot!
Lawyers, load a suitcase of lawsuits, and chamber a lawsuit in your iPhones!
viking_emoticon.gif viking_emoticon.gif viking_emoticon.gif viking_emoticon.gif viking_emoticon.gif viking_emoticon.gif
CHARGE!!!!
Absomphe
QUOTE(Père Ubu @ Jul 18 2012, 01:01 PM) *

CHARGE!!!!

It's what attorneys do best.
L'Assommoir
No one can trip balz with Swissy absinthe anyway.
Gotta go Korean!
IPB Image
Père Ubu
QUOTE(greytail @ Jul 18 2012, 05:20 PM) *

I'd drink some medsinthe to that. :arrr:

thegreenimp
I may have to start awarding The Coveted WinstonAward on the French forum.

Tibro
yes.gif
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE(Tibro @ Jul 17 2012, 01:21 PM) *

Medicine, medsinthe, mead, beer…

What's important is working around the federal regulators to make something that's worth ingesting and works to feed the soul.

A poetic view, Tibro.

However, from the point of view of federal regulators, a medicine is subject to more scrutiny than a drink.
Provenance
From the point of view of federal regulators, stating that alcohol kills bugz would subject it to FIFRA and even more scrutiny.
Tibro

…alcohol kills Bugz

Um, no.
Provenance
Good. You could never be regulated anyway.
Tibro
Don't tell my wife.
Provenance
On a wild guess, she already knows but doesn't let on.
Jaded Prole
Actually alternatives and nutritional supplements don't get all that much scrutiny unless claims of effect are made. One can say some product is good for something as long as you don't claim it cures anything or has specific medicinal properties and then you can follow by saying that the product has not been FDA tested . . . Not much regulation for aromatherapy, homeopathic supplements . . .
Provenance
Do chop.gif limits apply to such nutritional supplements?
Tibro
chop.gif limits? Stuff that.
Jaded Prole
Do they count for sausage or Gin? It only gets tested if you call it Absinthe.
Donnie Darko
I don't see what the big deal is. Anything with alcohol in it is medicine.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Aug 14 2012, 12:12 PM) *

Actually alternatives and nutritional supplements don't get all that much scrutiny unless claims of effect are made. One can say some product is good for something as long as you don't claim it cures anything or has specific medicinal properties and then you can follow by saying that the product has not been FDA tested . . . Not much regulation for aromatherapy, homeopathic supplements . . .

It's different for alcohol, you cannot claim ANY benefit, health-related or not. I remember a few years ago that a wine maker was not allowed to quote the Bible on the label, something like: "Wine maketh the heart glad" or words to that effect.
Jay
So that's the reason why Guiness had to decline Brendan Behan's suggested ad slogan: Guinness makes you drunk.
dr_ordinaire
Yep. Federal regulations even trump Truth In Advertising…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.