Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decreuse
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Steve
Terrible news. The most incredible sausage place in the world has been completely destroyed by a fire. Decreuse was near the Emile Pernot distillery in La Cluse-et-Mijoux, and was a much-loved destination by many of us. Click the photo for the news story (in French).

IPB Image
Steve
A few years ago
IPB Image:

IPB Image
Steve
IPB Image
Père Ubu
Darn shame. I would have loved clogging an artery with my favorite French road food. I don't think the French appreciated a fat Pere Ubu type stuffing his face with Chorizo and soft Norman cheese, while flying by them at 160kph. But I enjoyed it.
Artemis
Damn shame. That sausage rack was the most enticing photo I had seen of the European adventures, but I guess I won't miss what I never had, unlike Creole cream cheese, which used to be everywhere in Louisiana, but the producers had dwindled down to exactly two, one good and one not so good. The good one was produced at a mom and pop dairy that was blown to hell in an explosion last summer. Fortunately mom and pop were not injured. They used to travel to local farmers markets and sell their products from the back of a refrigerator truck, which was the only access I had, because it wasn't carried by many stores. They were always good for a free sample of anything you wanted to try (ice cold chocolate milk on a hot day hits the spot); very nice people.
Jack Batemaster
On devrait préparer leurs propres saucisses comme Kirk Cameroun.
hartsmar
It is terrible! Decreuse had some of the best damn sausages and meat in the world. And how will we ever be able to have a proper Jesus Platter for lunch again!?

G&C
Hook up with Kirk.

After all, he is the Sausage King.
Jack Batemaster
J'aime bien manger sa saucisse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.