Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Making of L'Artisanale
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Pages: 1, 2
Id Wizzard
Hello all,

I've posted my little video slide show of the making of L'Artisanale in Pontarlier.

Hope you enjoy!

The Making of L'Artisanale

id
Jaded Prole
Thanks!

That's a piece of history for the archives.
Jack Batemaster
Skeetah !
Jack Batemaster
Ostard !
Père Ubu
Pretty cool.
Provenance
Wow.
Artemis
That was beautiful. The photography is good and the score lifts it to a whole nother plain.
Tibro
Exceptional.
sbmac
Thanks for sharing Damian… It is a tastefully made tribute to something very special. Awesome music too.
Id Wizzard
Thanks you all for the kind words. I agree. The music does lift the presentation to a higher level.

I didn't get the first video uploaded properly and the quality wasn't all I hoped. So, I did it again. It's better now. At least you can read the text and the pictures look a bit clearer.

Here's the new link:

Many thanks for the appreciation,
id
pierreverte
Nice job…maybe someday the whole story will be told…
Greytail
Now you've either said too much or too little.

Cheers. Awesome video.
pierreverte
Origin of a drunk-post on LoucheLounge…followed through when sober.
sbmac
Many drunk promises are.
Patlow
I never got to try this. DAMN IT!

Anyone want to trade a sample for vintage PFT? (1960's bottle from Marc.)
eric
Nice job…maybe someday the whole story will be told…

I suppose that that real Absinthe always has a long , lingering bitterness.
Grim
And, of course, Eric says that with lots of love.
Provenance
Why do I suspect there would be less bitterness if anything close to the quality and downright legendary status of L'Artisanale had come out of the same distillery when Eric wasn't there?

And I say that as someone who is drinking a modern absinthe that I consider to be significantly better than L'Artisanale, though it does share some similarities in the flavor profile but with the AA in better balance.
Greytail
Hmmmm. You've either said too much or too little. What the BALLS could be better than L'Artisinale?
kaseijin
The photos are gorgeous, and the absinthe as well.

Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(louise @ Jul 29 2012, 08:28 AM) *

Origin of a drunk-post on LoucheLounge…followed through when sober.

Hé, vous êtes encore drôle. Je vous cherchais à Paris, mais j'ai entendu dire que vous êtes une personne très difficile à trouver.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 29 2012, 07:28 PM) *

And I say that as someone who is drinking a modern absinthe that I consider to be significantly better than L'Artisanale.

But is it a CO?

Jay
QUOTE(Id Wizzard @ Jul 28 2012, 10:54 PM) *

Here's the new link:

Thanks for that new version, id. I commented on the original YouTube upload, but it looks like those comments were lost with the new upload. In any case, this slide-show was much appreciated.
Provenance
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jul 30 2012, 11:31 AM) *
But is it a CO?

Quoi?
Jack Batemaster
Qu'est-ce que c'est, ça comment on dit : «CO» ?
Provenance
Une abréviation commune pour son commandant.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 30 2012, 02:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jul 30 2012, 11:31 AM) *
But is it a CO?

Quoi?

I take it that's pithy French for "you've gotta be kidding".
pierreverte
…deleted… as previous comment made here serves no useful purpose…
Greytail
I've been wondering. Why could it NEVER become a comercial product?
Kirk
L'Artisinale was the best absinthe to come out of the Pernot distillery in 100 years, I would stand it against a glass of anything that was made in that famous distillery, ever, a few may argue this point but the fact is that nothing similar has ever come from there since. The entire operation was performed by people who had never seen the equipment before or worked with it.
Peter will argue that to make an absinthe as good as this would be illegal, literally, he says this is one of the reasons it cannot be duplicated. I am saying that it can be made even better, and well within legal limits.
So, right now the story is: "We would give you good absinthe, but that would be illegal". I am telling you that is bullxit.
Greytail
So what is the "illegal" aspect? chop.gif?
Artemis
the best absinthe to come out of the Pernod distillery in 100 years

Pernot. Pernod would have put the dogs on them.
kaseijin
QUOTE(eric @ Jul 29 2012, 02:13 PM) *

I suppose that that real Absinthe always has a long , lingering bitterness.

Very few things I read online these days legitimately make me laugh out loud. This example of saying so much with so little is one of them.
Provenance
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Jul 30 2012, 04:14 PM) *
the true potential of the product,

That's an interesting phrase. Since I wasn't there and don't know, I would appreciate your explaining it.
Artemis
That got my attention as well. I would have thought there were only two possibilities, that it could have been better (and it could have), and it could have been worse (ditto). This is purely from a drinker's perspective, though.
Père Ubu
It opened my eyes to what good absinthe could be, like a big old peyote. It was my absinthe red pill.
Kirk
I started out at 9 am today to harvest my Pontica, it's the same stuff that went into L'Artisinale. Pontica is a short, carpet forming invader, you cannot harvest Pontica until it turns silver, anyone familiar with wormwood can tell you that these plants die off from the bottom up, as it reaches maturity. Wormwood tends to twist out wards from the center and lay down or splay. Pontica matures as the bottom of the 12 inch stem dies off and turns black, depending on the weather this occurs within a few day period. Mature Pontica looks like a feather with the bottom half burnt, you have to take each of the feathers and trim off the dead part, how many of the tangled feathers do you suppose it takes to make a pound?
I can tell you I started out harvesting at 9 AM today, I got all the plants in, and I am currently trimming off the tiny sweet top from the dead bottom. I estimate right now I will have 2 pounds of dried product and it is almost midnight, but I am not done for the night.
Kirk
I am not trying to sell the 2 pounds of Pontica I grew on a fifth of an acre of premium soil that I made expressly for growing pontica. I'm hoping I'll end up with 15 pounds but I never know what I'll get.
Kirk
I have two bottles of that L'Artisanale, I don't drink it but I would.
Kirk
Did you know that Nepenthes did much of the art work for Vaughne Bode?Cheech Wizard
Kirk
Did you know that Beavis is a caricature of Anson Funderburgh?
Kirk
Did you know Sam Myers made bootleg whiskey?
Kirk
Did you know how much I love all those who hate it the most when I fumble with the point and speak of how soon we will all be dead,
cut the rest some slack guys,
give it up for a future chance.
Kirk
You bunch of selfish, close playing pricks, I only say this because I quit.
Kirk
Okay, I take it back, I just finished trimming the Pontica harvest and every bit of it is sold, now I quit,
Til next year, right now I am dreaming about how I might spend 1500 dollars.
When I get paid, next year, maybe.
Donnie Darko
I haven't had the opportunity to drink much, but I am reading Brothers Karamazov. Kurt Vonnegut said everything you need to know about life is in that book. I concur.

I wish I had L'Artisinale though. That bottle went quick.
Artemis
QUOTE(Kirk @ Jul 31 2012, 04:11 AM) *
Did you know that Beavis is a caricature of Anson Funderburgh?

I heard Beavis was a combination of Anson and Johnny Moeller.
Did you know that Nepenthes did much of the art work for Vaughn Bode?

sleepy.gif shock.gif chickawow.gif
Brothers Karamazov

I remember them; they invented an assault weapon.
Jack Batemaster
Qui est-ce Ass-non Funkenbourg ?
Artemis
Q: How does a Blues musician artisanal absinthe distiller make a million dollars?
A: Start with two million.

Kirk
Anson Funderburgh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.