Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mansinthe is too strong…
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
L'Assommoir

Mansinthe is too strong.

butt you should drink it.
onacuz it is too strong for Marylin Manson.

That's what he said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe…;v=KkmZVgs0JMk#!

at 2:36
Artemis
Youtube videos with him in them are too strong for me.
Jay
It sounds like he never moved away from the Czechsinthe that he and Johnny Depp got into in the '90s, and he's clearly preparing the Mansinthe incorrectly, which is a sad irony.
Tibro
Irony? It's all too pathetic.
SethP
I've seen that YouTube video too, where he says Mansinthe is too strong for him, and I can't really understand why that is? Maybe he's been too strung out on alcohol and other substances too often and now want to go sober or something?

Anyway. I've seen him earlier (a couple of years ago) on a TV show here in Sweden and there he drank what seemed as a pretty well louched absinthe, probably his "own" brand, so I guess he actually knows how to do and all that.

Edit:
Oups! Most probably not Mansithe in the glass, but at least seems to be well louched and not clear/transparent at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9xuPWvLMk
sbmac
That video fried my computer's bullshit detector, not to mention severely straining my own.
L'Assommoir
QUOTE(SethP @ Sep 18 2012, 06:12 AM) *

Oups! Most probably not Mansithe in the glass,

He has mentioned Serpis in interviews.

and that does look like it could be.
Patlow
MMMM…Serpis!
Coralyne
Could it be a marketing thing on MM's part? I.e., "you'll be more hardcore than I am if you drink this stuff!"
thegreenimp
I'd be willing to rent Manson a Beechcraft Bonanza™ if he'd promise to ride in it, during bad weather.
hartsmar
That Swedish clip included Serpis... Funny, since Serpis is 65%. I guess that extra 1.6% makes all the difference.

Sheesh!
SethP
Serpis. Ah, that explains the rougeness of it all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.