Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headed to Switzerland this coming June
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Greytail
Hey folks. I am planning a trip to swizterland next summer. I already talked with Grim, Alan and Scott Mcdonald a little. Here is my plan. Fly to Geneva, rent a car and drive over to the Bernese alps where I'll do a bit of climbing/hill walking. Then make my way North East to VdT area. I would like to get over to Pontarlier as well for a bit.

Any advice from those who have been there? BTW, I'll miss the Boveresse festival by a few weeks sadly. Alan has been very helpful already. Well, that's the lay of it.
sbmac
This might help a bit…quite a few distilleries along the way!

Absinthe trail
Alan
QUOTE(Greytail @ Sep 20 2012, 05:55 PM) *
BTW, I'll miss the Boveresse festival by a few weeks sadly.

But, as discussed, being late for that may mean being on time for the wormwood harvest!

Knowing that Greytail likes climbing, I had already suggested he do the Creux du Van.
Greytail
A good suggestion too. Thanks again for all the help you have been Alan. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Sbmac, thanks for the link.
Alan
I had a look at the Creux du Van in 3D on the new Apple Maps. It looks very easy.

Greytail
True, but did I tell you I'd be doing it blindfolded with one arm tied behind my back?
absinthion
QUOTE(Greytail @ Sep 21 2012, 03:55 AM) *

Then make my way North East to VdT area. I would like to get over to Pontarlier as well for a bit.

Any advice from those who have been there? BTW, I'll miss the Boveresse festival by a few weeks sadly. Alan has been very helpful already. Well, that's the lay of it.

It was probably just a typo, but to make sure you find the Vdt: it is North West from the Bernese Alps.
Well, there's so much you could see and do in Switzerland. Interlaken, Grindelwald, Zermatt and Luzern are very beautiful, but also where all the tourists go. There are lots of gorgeous medieval towns with castles in the French and some of the German part of Switzerland. If you have time for a 2days trip I highly recommend to see the Italian part of Switzerland as well. Drive through the St Gotthard tunnel (world's third longest tunnel)to the Lago Maggiore and see the Verzasca valley, it's amazing. Spring bungee from the Verzasca dam, go river rafting or dive in icy clear water from the Alps. In the evening you can sit under palms and eat and drink like you were in Italy. Drive home by taking the old route over the St Gotthard. it's a nice kick, unless you suffer Vertigo. Source: I'm Swiss.
Greytail
Sure was, thanks though. Thanks for the info too.
Patlow
And if you climb the Creux du Van, you get rewarded by amazing loaves of crusty bread, sausages, and fondue at Le Soliat!
Greytail
What am I waiting for then.
G&C
Pacifique.
From the still.

One drip at a time….
Tibro
No. That's not going to happen in Switzerland, no matter how long anybody waits.
Père Ubu
Their loss.
Tibro
Fortunately, there may be people in quiet valleys that never hear your timber crash.
Père Ubu
nmp either way.

Not matter how many fancy (and some actually very tasty) COs, HGs, Pre-bans, etc. I try, I keep going back to Pacifique as my go to drink. Doubly so if I'm having a craptastic day, and I need a good drink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.