Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sherlock Holmes and absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
dr_ordinaire
I was reading about Sherlock Holmes and found this:

"In 2002 made-for-television movie Sherlock: Case of Evil, James D'Arcy starred as Holmes in his 20s. The story noticeably departs from the style and backstory of the canon and D'Arcy's portrayal of Holmes is slightly different from prior incarnations of the character, psychologically disturbed, an absinthe addicted, a heavy drinker and a ladies' man."

I see Holmes much closer to cocaine than to absinthe, has anybody seen this movie?
dr_ordinaire
Whoever wrote the comment that I quoted on the previous post did a "Lanfray" on the poor Fairy.

Absinthe appears on one scene: SH drinks an entire bottle of gin, then an entire bottle of red wine and, running out of supplies of ethyl alcohol at home, goes to a bar where he downs shots of straight absinthe until he stumbles onto the floor and is thrown out. It's elementary that he's an "absinthe addict".

I can't believe I put up with that long, boring piece of shit to find this miniscule piece of absinthe trivia…

Provenance
Why? Haven't you put up with worse for less? Hasn't everyone here?
dr_ordinaire
Yep. Right you are, Provenance. 5 yard penalty for illegal whining.
Provenance
It should have been 15 for unsportsman like conduct.
G&C
…with a loss of the down for intentional grounding.
dr_ordinaire
Hey!!! Piling up…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.