Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catskill Absinthe Gathering
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
sbmac
Hi everyone! Some of you might remember the 2010 event in the Catskills. Well, Julie of Catskill Cellars, Cheryl of DP Distillery, and yours truly, are putting together another event. It is free, and open to anyone who loves absinthe!

The "Catskill Absinthe Gathering" will be a free all-day event Saturday April 20th, 2013. It will include a meeting for lunch to connect/reconnect with friends, followed by a tour of Delaware Phoenix Distillery. After this, we will meet in the B&B Victoria Rose for a workshop/tasting session featuring a demonstration of historical absinthe antiques, and the various methods used to prepare absinthe during the Belle Époque. People will be able to prepare a glass of absinthe in whatever manner they choose. We will then break for a group dinner, followed by a party with much absinthe and good friends in the same magical Victorian Bed & Breakfast, which is filled with amazing antiques and a romantic atmosphere. The event officially ends after breakfast the following morning. It is limited to 20 people, reservations required. Please PM me if you'd like to come, and I can provide lodging details! This is open to all, from any forum, and any level of absinthe experience. We can promise you will have a very special time.

It is a BYO event, so please bring as many bottles and glasses as you can to share. We can promise a diverse array of absinthe from around the world. I hope to see some of you there! -Scott
sbmac
Hey guys, just letting you know the date for this has been moved to the following weekend, Sat April 27th.
It would be great to see some of guys make it!

Kirk
Sounds like fun, I'd love to see Julie again.
Jack Batemaster
Je pense que je serai très occupé …
Jaded Prole
Sounds like a good time. I'd like to make it.
Tibro
Will beer drinkers and tea-totalers be welcomed with equal enthusiasm?
sbmac
Not that I'm aware of, but it's open to all. Frankly, I'd be happy to see some of the folks I know from the various forums and FB groups get together…the ones I've met are quality people with common ground.
sbmac
We've got about 11 people so far, room for more. It would be great to meet some of you guys in the real world.

PM me if you're interested. It's shaping up to be a great time.

Hmmm…. that post about tea-totals looks a bit different than the one I responded to. I guess one or two designated drivers is always good.
Jack Batemaster
Je suis très occupé …
sbmac
Yeah, we knew that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.