Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toulouse Red
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Provenance
Wow. A new asbinth to ignore.
L'Assommoir
Looks like it is just a local thing for now. I'll wait for a review or two.
Père Ubu
How do you know it is absinth?? Hard telling from what I've seen of their stuff. I've been hoping one of NOLA residents might give it a try, to see if they can drink it or sink it.
Provenance
To celebrate, or just caused I felt like it, I had a glass of each of my two favorite red absinthes, Commune de Paris and Vaginal Wormwood Elixer.
L'Assommoir
So many micros and local offerings popping up in the US.
Most will likely be average quality CO.
If anything pops up in my area, I would give it a one-try.

I am glad these micros are not going for the " Bohemian style". (Only know of one that did that, something called Knarr from Oregon. ) het.gif
Provenance
They ought to be trying to make sour beers.
Jaded Prole
Vaginal Wormwood Elixer? blink.gif
Provenance
A classic. From the maker of Magical Wormwood Elixer.
Tibro
He licks her never fit a product name so well before.
Jaded Prole
sounds fishy.
Père Ubu
Their condenser is a funny tall skinny one, maybe to create a vacuum?
Tibro
How?
Père Ubu
Gravity? As the stuff condesates and runs down, it should pull a vacuum.
Of course that is a wild ass unscientific guess, thermo was 1.7 decades ago for me.

Here is a photo of their rig: http://ateliervie.com/ateliervie/atelier-v…14-2012-at-5pm/
Tibro
Except that the liquid in the pot is changing to gas and expanding and looking for somewhere to go. There's some release of excess pressure through the condenser, but no, it's not like a straw sucking pressure off the pot.

If I were there I'd ask Molly. Good golly. I think she was taking notes.
Père Ubu
Makes sense enough. I make the mistake of thinking of thinking of stills as power plants, but the steam in a power plant loses pressure at the turbine, and distilling is a different process anyhow.
Then I have no idea why they have the funny looking set up. If tastes good, I won't care. If it doesn't, I'll care even less.
G&C
I make the mistake of thinking of thinking of stills as power plants…

So apparently, does the fire department….
Deluge
V.W.E. is a fine absinthe!
Père Ubu
Dad couldn't find any. Salesman tried to pitch what he thought was a strange spirit, one with New Orleans on the label, but made in France. :facepalm:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.