Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who are you?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Tibro
Researchers in Shanghai identified a human bacteria linked with obesity, fed it to mice and compared their weight gain with rodents without the bacteria. The latter did not become obese despite being fed a high-fat diet and being prevented from exercising.

The bacterium – known as enterobacter – encourages the body to make and store fat, and prevents it from being used, by deregulating the body’s metabolism-controlling genes.

Does this mean I'm not to blame for my pudgy sumo physique?

Dr David Weinkove, lecturer in biological sciences at Durham University, said: “If obesity is caused by bacteria, it could be infectious and picked up from some unknown environmental factor, or a parent. It might not be behavioural after all.”

At least I can still blame my parents.

Or can I?

There are 10 times more microbes than human cells in our bodies and they can be beneficial. There are between 200 and 300 different species in a typical person.

Seems none of us are who we think we are.

Scientists link obesity to gut bacteria.
G&C
I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam
Provenance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY1Mshyz8mc
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(G&C @ Dec 19 2012, 07:52 AM) *

I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam

Descartes ?
Tibro
Foreign microbes - A La Carte.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.