Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pontarlier-Anis
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Bruno Rygseck
The Guy distillery's best product in my opinion (of what I have tasted), but it does not seem to be available anymore from online absinthe vendors. Is the Deniset-Klainguer anise as good, any opinions?

And could someone please explain me the difference between 'sec' and 'sans sucre' …?
rob fritz
The last question, sugar and no (sans) sugar I am sure someone will be able to get info on getting Guy's anis
Absomphe
QUOTE(rob fritz @ Jan 25 2013, 04:16 PM) *

The last question, sugar and no (sans) sugar I am sure someone will be able to get info on getting Guy's anus

More info than I think I'll knead, butt thanks, anyway, Rob.
Bruno Rygseck
I am sure that the brown star has not been anywhere near P-A.

- I think 'sec' means 'dry', is it not then without sugar? Confused…
pierreverte
'Sec' means dry, but it contains added sugar
'Sans Sucre' means without sugar and so it doesn't contain sugar.

Simple, non?
Jack Batemaster
Un peu.
Bruno Rygseck
Thanks, Pierre! The Vieux Pontarlier anise is also good in my opinion, but P-A really is my favorite.
Speaking of the VP anise (not the absinthe by the same name), it corrected the unlouching Un Emile 45 when added in 1:2 ratio (more anise).
Jaded Prole
Maybe one day they'll figure it out.
Steve
Guy's Pontarlier Anis san sucre is the best. Very refreshing. Too bad he doesn't make decent absinthe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.