Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REDUX Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Tirador
So REDUX Absinthe is finally in full production and will be distribution within the month. Initially it will only be available in Colorado (U.S.), but should be available elsewhere soon.

This is the project that I've been working on for the last 6 years. It's been delayed due to various non-distilling related issues (family, moves, etc.).

We now operate Golden Moon Distillery in Golden Colorado. Along with REDUX Absinthe we produce Golden Moon Gin, Golden Moon Creme de Violette (the only true distilled violet currently available anywhere), Golden Moon Dry Curacao, Golden Moon Colorado Grappa, Golden Moon Colorado Apple Jack and the soon to be launched Golden Moon Amer dit Picon.

I have an open-door policy, so anyone that wants to visit, please do …

As for REDUX, it is a traditional French style verte. We use a 6x distilled neutral grain spirit. We hand process our herbs and botanicals, many of which we import from Europe. REDUX is naturally colored in the traditional manner.

Anyway, if you're in Colorado please do stop by and say hello.

S.
Steve
Congratulations on your product launch! Wishing you well.
Greytail
Yes. Congrats.
L'Assommoir
Congrats!
I'll give them a try!
kaseijin
Sounds like a lovely assortment of products. Congrats!
Jack Batemaster
Si je vais refaire le façon dont on fabrique l'absinthe, j'utiliserais plus de houblon et de malt.
G&C
What?
rob fritz

I need more info. on your Amer dit Picon
Artemis
QUOTE(Jack Batemaster @ Apr 12 2013, 09:17 PM) *
Si je vais refaire le façon dont on fabrique l'absinthe, j'utiliserais plus de houblon et de malt.

Ce houblon de Lambic a une odeur comme l'appât de barbotte. Ils donneraient à l'absinthe la fragrance du fromage ancien, être sûr.
Tibro
Sýr -iously?
Zman
Looking forward to trying your products.
Artemis
Sýr -iously?

El queso está viejo y pútrido. ¿Dónde está el sanitario?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZA1DuB8NIE
Tirador
QUOTE(rob fritz @ Apr 12 2013, 02:22 PM) *

I need more info. on your Amer dit Picon

Hey Rob, Grim said you were sending me a small sample of some older Amer Picon?

I want to run a couple more samples through the lab prior to finalizing my new product.

BTW - You do know that I am the same guy that was swigging from that lovely old bottle of Picon in the parking lot of the Eagle in Covet last June right?

S.
rob fritz

Of course I remember who you are and unfortunately that old Picon is long gone. I have another not as old bottle, 40's-50's still wrapped, unopened and Grim never said if I should ship a sample.
Tirador
QUOTE(rob fritz @ Apr 14 2013, 02:10 PM) *

Of course I remember who you are and unfortunately that old Picon is long gone. I have another not as old bottle, 40's-50's still wrapped, unopened and Grim never said if I should ship a sample.

I'm hoping to get older samples … no worries.

I should be ready to send samples of our Amer dit Picon in the next few weeks, I hope …

Jaded Prole
Sounds interesting, best of luck.
hartsmar
Congratulations! Happy for you!
Tirador
Thanks. It's a little better than the sample you tasted gosh four or five years ago. Much better louch, slightly bigger mouth feel (I think), but 80% the same recipe.

Good hearing from you too. I was hoping to see you at Boveresse last summer but you didn't come.

S.

QUOTE(hartsmar @ Apr 17 2013, 12:21 AM) *

Congratulations! Happy for you!

Jack Batemaster
Il était très occupé …
Tirador
Ah, ne sont pas ' nous tous… aucun Boveresse pour moi cette année…

Je suis enchaîné à un alambic pour l'avenir prévisible.

QUOTE(Jack Batemaster @ Apr 17 2013, 12:52 PM) *

Il était très occupé …

G&C
So much for the English speaking forum…
Green Baron
ইংরেজি? হাঁ যে বিষ্ঠা যৌনসঙ্গম
Absinthesizer
As a fellow Coloradan, looking forward to trying it!
Tirador
OK, it's official … we're label approved, listed in Colorado and orders are on the way to the distributor!!!

New York, California and Louisiana are in process!

Oh and for those in Colorado we can now sell at the tasting room too!

S.
L'Assommoir
Congratulations!
I will certainly try it
Tibro
Best of luck.

Any chance the final product will make its way to Boveresse next month?
Jack Batemaster
Ça ne fait rien. Je vais être très occupé …
Jay
QUOTE(Tirador @ May 14 2013, 06:05 PM) *

OK, it's official … we're label approved, listed in Colorado and orders are on the way to the distributor!!!

New York, California and Louisiana are in process!

Congratulations. I look forward to sampling your absinthe and creme de violette before too long, especially if you add Oregon and/or Washington state to that list. Best of luck on the launch - break a bottle!
Tirador
Unfortunately no (at least not at this point …). I just don't have time to go this year. We're still working to get all the products we make through Federal label approval and then into distribution.

We're almost there with everything except the Amer dit Picon … which will be a bit I think.

About the only thing I'm going to in the next few months is Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans in mid-July. We'll be pouring the REDUX along with Golden Moon Gin, Golden Moon Creme de Violette, Golden Moon Dry Couracao and yes Golden Moon Amer dit Picon.

Maybe Boveresse next year?

Did we meet there last year?

Stephen

QUOTE(Tibro @ May 14 2013, 10:33 AM) *

Best of luck.

Any chance the final product will make its way to Boveresse next month?

thegreenimp
Stop by the Herbsaint tasting room at Tales and say Hi!, I'll open some of my antique stuff.

Jack Batemaster
Et beaucoup de chemises laides …
thegreenimp
Better that, than a bunch of clown shoes. harhar.gif
Absinthesizer
QUOTE(Tirador @ May 14 2013, 12:05 PM) *

On your website I see an address in Golden - What are your hours?
Tirador
9 to 5 Monday through Friday … 12 to 4 on the first Saturday of the month.

In about three weeks we'll be selling at the Golden Farmers Market too, every Saturday from 7:30am to 1:30pm.

S.

QUOTE(Absinthesizer @ May 23 2013, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Tirador @ May 14 2013, 12:05 PM) *

On your website I see an address in Golden - What are your hours?

Tirador
How could I say no to that!

See you then.

S.

QUOTE(thegreenimp @ May 20 2013, 04:17 PM) *

Stop by the Herbsaint tasting room at Tales and say Hi!, I'll open some of my antique stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.