Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey dumbass
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Kirk
My heart goes out to all those who donated money to Rockaway beach residents.
Here's a clue for the dumb bastards;
if you wake up with a sand dune moving through your living room, you built in the wrong place and you don't deserve insurance because you are a freaking idiot and a burden to sensible society.
Artemis
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20130428...park-opposition

You're going to like it even less when the donations become mandatory if the whiners get their way. Never underestimate the tendency of the government to subsidize idiots and burdens to society at your expense.
Tibro
All in all, a sand dune moving through your house isn't quite as disruptive as a sunami slapping your nuclear power plant to its knees because it was built in a known earthquake zone.

Dumb bastards come in all shapes and sizes.
Artemis
Presumably some insurance company decided to insure that plant because the once in a lifetime risk of a tidal wave destroying it was deemed to be an acceptable risk. Insurance companies refusing to insure houses against flooding that are certain to flood not once, but repeatedly, due to relatively common weather events is something else. Nobody wants to bet on a fighter who gets his ass whipped on a regular basis.
Tibro
Another way of saying that the house always wins?
Kirk
permited with prejudice
Columbia seeks to change ‘whites only’ scholarship.
Dumb ass supreme court has ruled in the past that the original intent was satisfied by the estate receiving a tax break. What kind of tax break do you get when you bequeath your entire fortune?
I guess I shouldn't leave my money to the little girls who fall out of trees a lot foundation, let they fend for they selves.
Artemis
The original intent is satisfied by the original intent. If that has become illegal, turn the money over to the descendants of the original owner. If there aren't any, turn it over to a charity that benefits Iowegians. Doesn't seem complicated. Andy Griffith could have settled it in three minutes.
Kirk
I can't see how it has become illegal but they say it has. Who cares where I leave my money and how does that become a crime? Aren't there funds dedicated to all sorts of special interest groups?
Artemis
It no doubt has to do with everybody's hand in Uncle Sam's pocket. If the school takes any gummint money (and few don't), then they have to agree not to "discriminate" in how they distribute ANY money. At least that's how I remember it from what I've read about Hillsdale College in Michigan, a "conservative" school that takes no gummint money.
Tibro
Monsanto should be placed on everyone's terrorist list. They're threatening the health, safety and survivability of the entire species with their practices.
Kirk
If Monsanto's zombie seed drifts into your heirloom crop of wholly earth ship species , they can sue you for growing a patented genome. Genomes should not be patented and Monsanto should just not be.
All the true seeds are threatened by them, there is no more corn that has not (or soon will be) ruined by genetic contamination with codes that were not even meant to be in a plant.
It's hard to believe the evil poured down on us every day with full impunity while the jack booted thugs stand by looking for serfs growing weed , so they can cast a family into the street and confiscate all they own or push some poor grower into committing suicide.
Tibro
Biodiversity is under attack from both the corporate and government sectors. That is to say there's a buck to be made and an illusion of economic growth to be calculated and sold back to the masses with a smile.

You and I are part and parcel of biodiversity. The more uniformity living material presents the easier it is to wipe it all out with a single go.
Artemis
I hadn't thought about it that way, although I'm disgusted that diversity has come to mean everything exactly the same. One day a monkey walked upright in Africa, evolution took its course, and there were people, and they spread across the earth, and they were diverse. When they're all exactly the same again, will anybody be needed to wipe it all out, or will it all just die, like a bubble that was blown, expanded, collapsed, and popped? But yeah, there is always somebody standing by with a hat pin.
Tibro
If Monsanto is allowed to bully all the other competing seed stocks out commercial existence, and the EU has to grant permission for any seed stock to exist, then what's left, what's grown by all the mega-agro-business fooks to feed all us needy people all over the world, then those few, too few, stocks are very vulnerable to mother nature's own system of culling and trimming.

Only the strong survive? Hope there's more than a limited few of them. When the plagues come with their hat pins we need lots of bubbles floating free on the winds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.