Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well howdy do!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Hillbilly
Hello, I have been enamoured with absinthe since my first sip Christmas eve 2011. I knew right away that it was the drink for me. Soon after, I joined the WS as 'Songcatcher'. I enjoy reading the immense library of knowledge and history to be found here, there, and all points in between. I found the LFV and joined summer of last year and have spent more time reading about absinthe than I probably should have. Where in the world I found the money that I have spent on bottles and paraphanalia I have no idea. I sure didn't have it before. But like they say, 'where there's a will, there's a way'. My favorite absinthe? Well that's hard to pin down just one, but I really like the Vieux Pontarlier, Pacifique, Walton Waters and Zubrsinthe. Plus about 15 or more others I've tried, a couple pre bans and one vintage. Just a simple country fellow that found a beverage and a community. And I appreciate all the folks who made and make it possible for a country boy from Tennessee to sip a glass of absinthe. So without further adieu, I introduce myself to you fine gents and ladies and like Minnie Pearl said, "I'm just so proud to be here!"
Artemis
Noticed a hillbilly lurking here lately.

I remember Songcatcher from that other forum; I haven't been there in a long time.

Welcome.
Provenance
Welcome.
L'Assommoir
Welcome!
Père Ubu
Welcome hillbilly!
Jaded Prole
Welcome
Tibro
HillCatcher SongBilly.

Gotsa certain ring to it.
Jay
Hello again, Songcatcher, and welcome to the public eye of FV. We share similar tastes in COs, although I haven't yet tried Zubrsinthe so I might have to give that a go in the near future.
Absomphe
Salutations!
Bruno Rygseck
Hello and welcome!
QUOTE(Hillbilly @ May 8 2013, 02:54 AM) *

Where in the world I found the money that I have spent on bottles and paraphanalia I have no idea.

One could buy a new computer every year, or a mobile phone or some other gadget that will be soon obsolete, or one could invest that money in absinthe experience. I chose the latter and that is why I type this on a 10-year old laptop.
Greytail
Welcome
Hillbilly
Sound Wisdom, Bruno. I guess i'll just chalk it up to 'tuition'.

"Songbilly"…damn, why didn't I think of that. I guess you could change it to 'Billycatcher'.
The last few days this old boy was getting bad for getting his head stuck through the fence. So now he's got handlebars. It's just a piece of 1" galvanized pipe wired to his horns, but it works. His name's Harley.

IPB Image
IPB Image

I sent the admin board a pm a few months back about changing it to Songcatcher. Either or is fine.

Thanks for the welcomes. absintheglass-glow2.gif
Artemis
He got Betty Davis eyes.
sbmac
Welcome my friend. Those goat photos are awesome. Who needs absinthe when you have a bionic goat?
sbmac
Edited double-post due to mobile device confusion. Sorry. Nothing to see here…move along.
Kirk
Howdy Hillbilly, welcome to the fray.
Nice goat, his pupils are disturbing.
sbmac
Holy crap! Harley has handlebars now!
Tibro
Goats and their rectangular pupils never cease to amaze me. They're train-wreck disturbing. It separates goats from the mainstream in the same way that they'll eat damn near anything; like how could anybody question that a tin can wasn't intended to be eaten along with whatever was originally packed inside it.

And then you turn them into dinner and marvel at the flavor of their meat. Delicious.
Artemis
I had an acquaintance who left a T-bird where goats could get at it. They ate the vinyl roof off of it.
Jaded Prole
I've always like goats.
sbmac
Crappy quality, but wonderful.

Tempest goats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.