Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3D Printer
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Kirk
Bought my first one 30 years ago and still use it: Matt wax gun,
I have to operate it by hand though, so this is a big improvement.
Jack Batemaster
C'est un peu bizar.
Kirk
Less annoying, more reliable
Don't worry, we'll be dead from the trying before that wart can build the death star.
L'Assommoir
Just be careful

what you think about
Kirk
works better, less annoying
Tibro
It's like walking. Or just reaching for the keyboard and typing. Or, hell, breathing. I didn't even realize I was thinking that, but yes, in fact, uh huh…
Kirk
Watching, they think, is to learn, nothing against engineers that build it or the mind that conceives reasonable ways to use it but it's a prism of the thing, it's not the thing, in fact, it hurts all my personal things.
Kirk
So, I broke (myself) down and purchased a 64 bit processor with lots of memory and stuffed Rhino 5-0, a suite of sweet 3-d cad cam software into it.
Rhino 5.0
Provenance
Then you can print a car.
Kirk
So far I couldn't print a bit. I am always lusting after a new tool, and thinking it will change everything, but it never really does, at least not all at once. The learning curve on this one is putting me off, I'm an autodidact with pedestrian computer skills.
Artemis
A mentor is invaluable; I had one for Autocad. Dave, a big mean-looking guy who lived near South Bend. He had one eyebrow across his forehead and a complete knowledge of nuclear power - many were the control room operators he schooled, and he wasn't shy about doing it. He had a weight problem that eventually overcame his heart. RIP, Big Dave.
Kirk
I'm relying on fiddling with it, watching the youtube tutorials and, as a last resort calling the publisher, who seems to be ready with free support. I'm in over my head with this type of designing, but cad designers today are usually over their head when it comes to actually making the piece, so I hope I'm one up there.Rhino webinars
Artemis
Can you imagine that as a silver absinthe dripper? Power louche.
Why do they put cocks on weather vanes?
If they put mankos on them, the wind would whistle right through and nobody would know which way it's blowing.
a canoe in the shape of a vagina, which she deemed as "a man's dream boat"

Around here, we call them pirogues.
IPB Image
Tibro
If Donnie D set sail in that boat would that make him a clitoris?

Would a pirogoman be edible? Stuffed with meat?
Bruno Rygseck
Karjalanpiirakka…

Jack Batemaster
IPB Image
Artemis
Pierogi!
Karjalanpiirakka…

Makes you want to run your tongue all up in that thing.
IPB Image
Kirk
I'd eat that.
Tibro
Why am I not surprised…

IPB Image

that there's a fish and egg variation.
Provenance
QUOTE(Provenance @ Jul 13 2014, 03:12 PM) *
I like this thread because I've found that finding out what people I respect are listening eating is one of the best ways of finding music food that I'll find interesting tasty.
Kirk
I tried to cook some fish yesterday, it was labeled in small print: Wild caught in US waters, processed by China, product of China. It was called arrowtooth flounder and tasted like mushed up crap, it fell apart, it was mushy and soft and smelled fishy, I couldn't eat it after I fried it.
Tibro
If not properly handled, the flesh of arrowtooth flounder can soften,due to a proteolytic enzyme which is emitted from a myxoporean parasite that softens the flesh when heated. This in turn lowers its value and marketability.

Unless I misunderstood, for which if so I will pre-emptively apologize, and this is referencing a new euphemism for vagina dentata. In either case though, I wouldn't eat it either.
Artemis
Wild caught in US waters, processed by China, product of China

Seems like a long way to send fish for processing, unless the U.S. is renting some waters over there.
Hong Kong (actually Xiang Gang) means "fragrant harbor".
Surely they didn't mean the water.
God caught Eve bathing in the stream and was sorely vexed.
"Now I'll never get the smell off those fish", said he.
Provenance
QUOTE(Artemis @ Jul 16 2014, 02:29 PM) *
unless the U.S. is renting some waters over there.

Or the other way around.
Artemis
I also considered the possibility that they might be fishing over here, but they would still be sending the fish a long way for processing. The only possibility that eliminates that and keeps the rest of the disclaimer true, is U.S. waters in or near China.
Provenance
True. If the fish were caught in US EEZ waters in the Western Pacific, China could be way closer than California. Another possibility is that the fish poisoning processing took place on a Chinese ship, then they may automatically be considered as have been processed in China even if the ship was in international waters at the time.
Hillbilly
Nope. It's exactly the way it sounds.

They've started with Chicken now.

"It's all about the money boys!" ~Big Dan Teague

IPB Image
Artemis
And so the mystery is solved, and it's not good for anybody, except maybe the Chinese. The Seinfeld show had it nailed, as usual, except they only took it to Arkansas.

Mr. Steinbrenner: Oh is that so. Playing a little hardball huh Jonnyboy?
John Tyler: How about this. You give me Costanza, I convert your concessions to all chicken no charge. Instead of hot dogs, chicken dogs. Instead of pretzels, chicken twists. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken.
Mr. Steinbrenner: How do you make that alcoholic chicken?
John Tyler: Let it ferment, just like everything else.
Mr. Steinbrenner: That stuff sounds great. All right. I'll have Costanza on the next bus.
Waitress: So, the New York Yankees traded you for a bunch of Tyler chicken.
George Costanza: Dogs, twists, a kind of fermented chicken drink.

Kirk
The great China die-nasty syndrome
Provenance
Foodini. Their absinth is going to be grate!
Jaded Prole
Just like that new Pernod!
Jack Batemaster
Mari Mayans a déjà fait ça pour beaucoup d'années !
Jack Batemaster
Je viens de trouver une bouteille de Mari Mayans. Je n'ai pas su que j'en ai eu une.
Artemis
Mari Mayans did glow in the dark, or in the light, for that matter.
I took a bottle to wedding in Nebraska many years ago.
There was no reason for anybody to be impressed, and few were.
Tibro
intended to encourage healthy eating by using fresh ingredients

Onacuz nothing sez healthy eating like printed food.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.