Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are you not drinking?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Provenance
$50/growler refill for some kind of Budweiser. With tax, close to $60 64oz of a heavy Goose Island stout. It may be InBevilicious, I wouldn't know. It's what I'm not drinking.
Jack Batemaster
Jade 1701
Tibro
Strawberry milk with rum.

Everyone knows you can't get milk from strawberries.
Provenance
Do you always have such a limited perspective?
Bruno Rygseck
Hardly anything that is sold in Finnish Alko, except some imported beers. Neither are any of the Finnish-made (bulk) beers of lower ABV to my liking. They may not cost many euros but are a waste of liver processing capacity.
Jack Batemaster
Martoe JBMaster's Réserve
Tibro
If it wasn't for limited perspective I'd have no perspective at all.

I'm off in search of a strawberry dairy farm now.
Jack Batemaster
une grande chope d'absinth
Jack Batemaster
le lait
Provenance
Assbinth au lait?

thegreenimp
I never drink Beer.
Tibro
Properly speaking, one eats beer. Much the same as one would eat bread.
Greytail
Click to view attachment
Jack Batemaster
j'ai bu cette bière une fois.
G&C
Vodka.
Jack Batemaster
héhé
Jack Batemaster
Rye
Jaded Prole
Too bad.
Tibro
Anything from Rzeszow.
Jack Batemaster
le gras d'un foie pressé
Jack Batemaster
Rainier
Provenance
The best sour beer ever made.Click to view attachment
OCvertDe
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
Jaded Prole
Doubs
Tibro
Bottled water, anyone?
Jaded Prole
That stuff will corrode steel.
Greytail
As will coke so I am told.
Artemis
So will water.
Kirk
Water is the strongest, most universal solvent on the planet, stronger than acid, more powerful than acetone.
Tibro
Water is one of the keys to life as we know it. Selling tap water by the mouthful in plastic bottles falls squarely into the "overpriced, asinine and offensively stupid" category.
G&C
Indeed.
Bruno Rygseck
Here in Phinland tap water ranges from drinkable to excellent -- no need for bottled water, but demand for it exists anyhow. Tourists, maybe, cautious or uninformed or both.

Or HGers diluting their product Maybe for some purposes bottled spring water is the best nevertheless.

Greytail
Maybe, but I tend to drink more water because of those bottles. They also make great fountains.
Bruno Rygseck
True that. Swiss tap water or water from fountains in Zurich and elsewhere was very good but still I also bought the bottles, to have with me on bicycle tours for refilling. Valser and Arkina and what else.

And the empty bottles were useful in the baggage as buffers against shocks to the absinthe bottles I bought!
OCvertDe
Hm, I never thought of that. Sounds like a good way to get my Tequila home from Mexico.
Hillbilly
This is where I get my water.

IPB Image
In the lower right corner is the gathering pool. The spring used to come out the side of the mountain. Old timers gathered it there for years to make their moonshine. The state wanted to build a bigger road through for the logging trucks. By law, unable to block a freshwater spring, they stove a culvert pipe into the feed of the spring and built a thirty foot embankment over top. You can see that watercress grows all around and its the easiest drinking water anywhere. It's tricky to get to, and I usually get about 6 gallons at a time, but it's all I'll use for my absinthe.
Greytail
i hate you.
Hillbilly
absintheglass-glow2.gif
G&C
vodka.
Kirk
Hillbilly, you and I are close, we need to get together.
I suspect we share a root or two.
G&C
I wish I were closer…
Kirk
You and I sprang from the same pod.
G&C
A true representation of quantum entanglement.
Tibro
The koolaid.
Greytail
Kirk, I'm at the door now. If you have a monkey's paw, now is the time to use it.
Hillbilly
I'm honored at the invite. And I'd be honored to sit at your table, anytime.
Jack Batemaster
IPB Image
Artemis
Ha! You're not drinking that one only because it has a place in your heart, and on your shelf.
Artemis
The spring used to come out the side of the mountain. Old timers gathered it there for years to make their moonshine.

Sweet. We were driving through the mountains in North Georgia one autumn, came around a curve and saw a pipe coming out of the side of the mountain. A few people were there, hard by the side of the road, filling a motley assortment of containers with this water that fell to earth in the time of the dinosaurs.
The water around here comes out of the Mississippi River. It's not drinkable. The smell of chlorine curls your nose hairs. Some of the people north of the lake have it better. Kentwood water is bottled there, and I drink it. And I like Ozarka even better. The day came when I got to drink that water right from the ground, and I owned that water, and I thought I was going to drink nothing else forever, and I had come full circle from that moment of beauty and despair on the other side of the curve in Georgia, and the book was closed on that.
Click to view attachment
But God started another chapter. Call him the Devil if it suits you, or snakeyes, seven-eleven.
It's still "my" water, but nowadays mostly the cows drink it. You can never actually own anything, least of all water.
Click to view attachment

Kirk
There was an artesian well at a crossroad near here, I don't know how old it was, there was a horizontal bronze pipe sticking out of limestone and all around it was a natural pavement of bedrock, it looked like it had been there forever. The pipe was several feet off the ground and the flowing water shot out in a 3 foot arc. You could pull a pickup truck under it. People were always there filling up, much like you described. It's really too bad they widened the road and took it out, the excavators also uncovered a cave that showed signs of ancient occupation, they covered that up too. It was in a valley that had supported the earliest ice age hunters, Clovis, it's one of the few known areas where he has been documented. The shape and the micro climate of the valley trapped and induced ice age beasts such as the woolly mammoth, giant sloth, cave bear and saber toothed tiger, Clovis man hunted them and their bones are still trapped in that valley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.