Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A boy and his Pernod
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
L'Assommoir
I Found this postcard for a hotel cafe. You can clearly make out what looks like absinthe glasses with spoons on the table in the center. But what I found interesting was the table on the right. What looks to be a young lad maybe about 12 or so, sitting behind a bottle of Pernod, and a freshly louched glass. He seems very happy!
IPB Image

Click to view attachment

source
http://www.cartespostalesdecollection.com/…t=5&lang=en
Artemis
That's sweet. I linked it to the French forum in the midst of a conversation about the youth of the world riding to hell on Iphones.
Jack Batemaster
Il s'a appelé Jean Lanfray …
ou peut-être c'était Absomphe ?
Bruno Rygseck
Thanks for posting this! My theory (like others I have one) is that the boy is preparing the drink for his father, standing behind him, the one with the hat. Nuorna vitsa väännettävä.

Edit: I want that carafe. I need it. An antique one, not a replica.

L'Assommoir
It could be dad's drink.

I imagine a lot of kids probably had fun fixing a drink and watching it change.

And I like many have an alternative theory. The kid could be an an absinthe expert. Your never too young

IPB Image

10-yr old Saki expert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.