Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ricard absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Tibro
I just like that it comes in a wooden box.

IPB Image
Jaded Prole
But how does it taste?
G&C
Before or after adding the wormwood packs?
Provenance
Uhmm… What original formula? I've heard of a number of different and competing absinthes that had "Pernod" as part of their name but I know of no traditionally made absinthe that was called simply: Pernod. I have heard of the term Pernod being used for an absinthe substitute.
L'Assommoir
QUOTE(Provenance @ Oct 18 2013, 09:07 AM) *

Uhmm… What original formula?

One that has star anise and nettles.

And made from DNA
https://www.pernodabsinthe.com/pdf/Absinthe…ase_oct2013.pdf

Pernod Absinthe is a high proof spirit like no other, distilled from the essential DNA of anise and
Wormwood
Jaded Prole
The key word is "essential" though DNA may added as a thickener and
to enhance the louche . . .
Bruno Rygseck
Thanks, this is interesting news. This caught my attention (but again, I am not a native English speaker):
By using traditional methods and combining wine based distillates and macerates of real herbs and botanicals

Sounds like all (?) the maceration is done after the distillation of the wine based spirits.
Artemis
Even for someone with a complete mastery of English, that sentence doesn't reveal how the product is made. It could mean lots of things, and therefore means nothing.
Bruno Rygseck
Clearly formulated by lawyers.

(^Comma omitted on purpose)
Tibro
The most meaningful tidbit I've caught out of this is that they've bought up the year's Pontarlier wormwood like an 800 lb gorilla devours bananas. It's made it hard for the nimble but decidedly lighter-weight-class artisans to get their fill. Logically one would expect the growers to respond to market demands with their pricing. We'll see if planted acreage increases as well.
Jack Batemaster
Ou comme un Lounger® de quatre cent kilos mange les feuilles d'absinthe.
Jaded Prole
It will probably raise the price of absinthe and they may not even use it, though my guess is that they will macerate it and and combine the extract with essential oils. Even that would be an improvement over the usual cheap pastice.
Deluge
What's with the essential jump drive?
Tibro
Modern equivocation of a wooden nickle.
Provenance
QUOTE(Tibro @ Oct 18 2013, 01:32 PM) *
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Tibro @ Oct 18 2013, 10:07 AM) *

I just like that it comes in a wooden box.

Dare I suggest… pine?
Tibro
I wish it came with a tinfoil hat.
OCvertDe
I've got some
Genuiiiiiiine, imitation bad apples
Free sample for your peace of mind, only $9.95…
Jaded Prole
bad apples

They stole the Leopold recipe? blink.gif
OCvertDe
That would be a damn shame, right there.
Tibro
If you'll simply tell us what it is you want to know, instead of wandering around the room here waving your arms. We want to see this settled as much as anyone.

p. 5
Jack Batemaster

"Absinthe de Ricard, un Absinthe pour les Ricards"
Tibro
Took you long enough.
Jack Batemaster
J'attendais à Abomph.
Jack Batemaster
IPB Image
"J'ai des Ricards."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.