Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bone anniversaire à Prokio !
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Cake Hole
Jack Batemaster
Cake.gif
Provenance
Happy B-Day D-Squared!
Tibro
Celebrate.

Then cure yourself.
Jaded Prole
Is he still alive?

Artemis
He was studying to be a doctor, but Obama probably killed that.
Jaded Prole
We'll need more Dr.s with more people being able to see them.
Artemis
If they don't get paid, they're not likely to want to see anybody.
Tibro
What insurance companies pay out to doctors with the one hand they collect with the other in the form of malpractice insurance premiums. They're the one player in this game that never loses.
Jaded Prole
Indeed. They are the one player that provides nothing and exacts a heavy price to do so. They now are charging much more to provide the nothing they weren't providing before. Soon enough we'll toss them out for something more direct and accountable.
Kirk
Cures what ails ya.
Kirk
I don't like being told I have to purchase something, I feel bad for the people who have their ire up. This whole thing will end either 2 ways;
1: We are forced to pay protection money that ever increases and when we need the services agreed upon they will be shoddy, slow, or non existent and we will be forced to pay someone else additional money.
2: We are forced to pay protection money that does not amount to a lot and everyone is guaranteed basic service but it is slow and shoddy so we will be forced to pay someone else additional and substantial money.
The bright side Artemis is that if you want to pay more you can, there will always be people willing to provide fee for service and vise versa. These doctors you say will be leaving have nowhere else to go except where they were born, and that might be less tenable for them.
G&C
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Oct 30 2013, 03:43 AM) *
Indeed. They are the one player that provides nothing and exacts a heavy price to do so. They now are charging much more to provide the nothing they weren't providing before. Soon enough we'll toss them out for something more direct and accountable.
And that's another thing wrong with obamacare.
'We had to pass it to find out that nobody but the insurance companies want it.'
G&C
Oh wait. Even they…

“What is going on is, behind the scenes attempt by the White House to at least keep insurerers from publicly criticizing what is happening on this Affordable Care Act rollout. Basically, if you speak out, if you are quoted, you’re going to get a call from the White House, pressure to be quiet,” reports CNN.

“Several sources tell me and my colleague Chris Frates that insurance executives are being told to keep quiet. [The head of] a consulting firm for big insurance and an out spoken critic of Obamacare says he is getting calls from these executives who want him to speak out, Anderson, for them about the problems because they feel defenseless against the White House PR team. … the White House is exerting massive pressure on the industry, including the trade associations, to keep quiet. Sources telling us they fear White House retribution.”

Kirk
Poor industry is unable to put pressure on the administration?
Jaded Prole
Whatever . . .

Insurance companies are now being required to actually cover the people they charge
for coverage. In response they are tripling the price. Like the boneheads in the House,
they are their own worst enemies. They will price themselves and the reforms they helped write
out of existence. No one I know can even afford insurance. My older friends are glad they have
Medicare. The rest of us medicate with herbs, booze, and when all else fails, what Kirk suggested.

A shame that citizens of the most powerful country on the planet are forced to resort to shamanism
and arcane cures for lack of affordable access to modern medicine.
Artemis
the White House PR team

Otherwise known as the majority of the "news media". Nixon would be in jail by now for half of what Obama has done.
These doctors you say will be leaving

It's not what I say; it's what they say. Doctors are increasingly refusing to accept insurance because they have to wait too long for their money or never see it at all, and they foresee that the current situation is only going to make that worse.
I heard it on my radio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiuD6i8dN1g
Jack Batemaster
Tibro
The greatest bunch of hackers and computer voyeurs in the world and no one to make a website werk.
Jaded Prole
xoulda hired Jack, though I don't think they'd want it
in Frenchish.
Tibro
Allowing Americans more time to enroll for health coverage under Obamacare may raise premiums and cut into profits, insurers are telling members of Congress in a bid to stop such a move.

Extending the enrollment period would have a “destabilizing effect on insurance markets,” said Robert Zirkelbach, a spokesman for the Washington-based lobbyist group American’s Health Insurance Plans. Allowing younger, healthy Americans to sign up later, as they probably would, means less revenue for insurers counting on those premiums to help defray the cost of sicker customers, threatening industry profits.

Bloomberg
Kirk
There's a couple doctors around me who won't accept insurance, they charge $25 bucks a pop and are probably doing better than the main stream.
Jack Batemaster
Eh, Dr.O ?
Artemis
The greatest bunch of hackers and computer voyeurs in the world and no one to make a website werk

Heard on the radio that it was contracted to a Canodian outfit for around $600 million U.S (or maybe it was billions). Also heard a professional who creates such websites say that he went through the whole process of trying to use it with an eye to figuring out what's wrong with it - he said it's so poorly designed, so fundamentally flawed that he would almost think it was done on purpose, and that in his opinion the failure of people to get through has little to do with the system being overwhelmed by vast numbers of people trying to do so at the same time, as has been claimed by Obama and his apologists. And even if you wind up getting nothing from it, you still have provided a lot of personal information that seemingly has no relation to health care - you know, the sort of shit NSA wouldn't find out if they listened to you for years. And we all know they wouldn't think of abusing that.
Jack Batemaster
Artemis
Now that's funny.
Plenty of les morts voted for Obama; they should get a piece of the pie.
Jamais ici, indeed.
Jaded Prole
I don't doubt that it was done badly on purpose. Contracting out everything is at the core of the corruption that is sabotaging this country. That includes contracting out medical access to insurance shysters.

As for Obama, most voted against the worse alternative. Either way, the corporate oligarchy choose who runs for Pres and the options aren't that much different.
Tibro
I still admire the man's intelligence. In this interview there are some serious flaws in his perceptions, although that doesn't necessarily negate everything he has to say here. Just a lot of it.

Idealists are good to have around.
Kirk
"thanks to democracy, we now have a freely elected Fascist government in the United States, elected by just plain folks -- same people you graduated from high school with."
I agree with that.
I also agree that MBA is the dumbest drug to ever hit the main stream, it makes you top heavy.
Artemis
I still admire the man's intelligence. In this interview there are some serious flaws in his perceptions, although that doesn't necessarily negate everything he has to say here. Just a lot of it.
Idealists are good to have around.

Agreed. All I was going to say is that I would have voted for him, but I couldn't remember if he was serious about actually running, then I found that interview, thought much of it pie in the sky bullshit, but still admire him. Much of his perspective, I think, came from his soul as an uncompromising artist, who didn't live for money but conceded its utility. The Mothers were mostly his friends, in the band because he couldn't afford real musicians. After he could, his music got a lot better. I agree about the freely elected fascists, but after all, Hitler was freely elected overwhelmingly.
Tibro
IPB Image
Artemis
I was at a concert in the Superdome, late 70s - pay $15 or so and hear music from mid-afternoon to midnight. When the Eagles came onto the stage, Joe Walsh announced he was running for president. Yeah right. As Frank Zappa said, shut up and play yer guitar. The Eagles were all right. The opening act, Christopher Cross, had been booed off the stage. Maybe he should have run for something, other than the exit.
Jack Batemaster
Jack Batemaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdOyJ8yb7rI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.