Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Artificial Alcohol
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Provenance
The sensation of drink… without the alcohol

Almost 9,000 people die from conditions related to alcohol each year in the UK.

A former government drugs advisor, Professor David Nutt, believes it is possible to have the sensation of alcohol - minus the risk to your health.

But the power of the drinks industry means that it would be difficult to bring this product to market.

Professor Nutt, says that not only has he identified compounds that can give the sensation of alcohol, but also one which can reverse those effects - meaning people could become instantly sober - and he is trying to find investors willing to develop the idea.

He said: "I think this would be a serious revolution in health… just like the e-cigarette is going to revolutionise the smoking of tobacco.

"I find it weird that we haven't been speaking about this before, as it's such a target for health improvement."
Jaded Prole
But the power of the drinks industry means that it would be difficult to bring this product to market.

That's funny. I'm sure it could be done. People buy lite and near beer not to mention the Jades Pernod.
Hillbilly
Professor Nutt
Well that explains a lot.
OCvertDe
^

Beat me to it.
Kirk
Perpetual motion
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(OCD Verte @ Nov 12 2013, 02:27 PM) *

Beat me
pirate2.gif
Jaded Prole
Appropriate response from the master (beater) hizelf.
Jack Batemaster
Tibro
Quentin, is that you?

IPB Image
Jack Batemaster
Peut-être, mais l'autre n'est pas Ollie …
Hillbilly
Nice beard.
Greytail
What was plan A?
Jack Batemaster
plané ?
G&C
QUOTE(Hillbilly @ Nov 14 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Nice beard.

Old:
Click to view attachment

New:
Click to view attachment
thegreenimp
Not any more Katie got out of the ankle cuff

Run Katie Run
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.