Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Douchey, snobby, and mockable things.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Hillbilly
Snobs.
Jaded Prole
Some of us are just more discerning, whether it is food or drink. Quality counts, crap is for everyone else.

Drink it or sink it.

I sinked most of a bottle of inferior Rye last week (that Pepper 1776). I tried it, I poured it out and I want and goat a bottle of Bulleit.
Provenance
That column spent much ink mocking people and products the author looks down on. How snobbish of him.
Absomphe
Sippin' on a 2013 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout right now.

How awful to be a beer snob.

Oh, wait, Goose Island is owned by Anheuser Busch, never mind.

Bruno Rygseck
I take perverse pride in drain pouring.
Tibro
It's a good think folks don't get all worked up like that about absinthe.

Do they?

Nah…

Not here, anyway. Thank goodness.
OCvertDe
I wish I could afford to sink my disappointing purchases.

Regardless, I read the article. Then followed a link to Elizabeth Gunnison Dunn's article on why tipping should be outlawed, which I enjoyed quite a bit more.
Tibro
Once you've purchased the bottle the economics of whether you can afford it is done and dusted. Whether you want to go ahead and abuse yourself with something which you subsequently discover is not to your liking is a completely different issue. Cool, fresh water will see you through until you can afford another bottle. Personal choice is a burdensome responsibility. But someone needs to see to it.

I agree about tipping though. A living wage for honest work. Period.
Jaded Prole
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Nov 29 2013, 05:54 PM) *

As Tibro stated, the money's spent. I can't afford it either but life's too short to drink shit.
Artemis
That Esquire writer was awfully familiar with a lot of details, so unless he watched those people as a scientist, like that woman who spent time among the apes, he's right in it with them. If you snub those people, you're still a snob; I think he knows this full well and the whole thing was tongue in cheek.
Tibro
Sez the guy repeatedly rolling his tongue down his chin.
Artemis
Looks worse when you put that flower next to it.
Absomphe
Sort of like that extremely short lived old avatar of yours that I may have been the only one quick enough to have espied.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Jaded Prole @ Nov 30 2013, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Nov 29 2013, 05:54 PM) *

As Tibro stated, the money's spent. I can't afford it either but life's too short to drink shit.

Some would call that sleeping in the bed you've made for yourself.
Tibro
QUOTE(tOKens @ Nov 30 2013, 11:39 PM) *

Some would call that sleeping in the bed you've soiled for yourself.

fixed
Tibro
Artemis, you may lick my petals anytime.

Just don't slobber on my pistils.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Tibro @ Nov 30 2013, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(tOKens @ Nov 30 2013, 11:39 PM) *

Some would call that sleeping in the bed you've soiled for yourself.

fixed

That works too.
Artemis
Sort of like that extremely short lived old avatar of yours that I may have been the only one quick enough to have espied.

All my avatars were family-friendly. Did it have beer in it?
Absomphe
QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 1 2013, 02:17 PM) *

All my avatars were family-friendly.

All of them except for this one (depending on one's definition of "family", of course), and although you only sported it for only a few minutes, it definitely exhibited a whole new side to your cunning-linguistic skills.* At the time, you PMed me, and told me to consider it a test of my 24/7 forum vigilance.

* No, there was no beer in it, unless Bud Bearded Clamato™counts. vagina.gif
Artemis
I don't remember any of that. The only picture I can think of involved a glass of beer (there was literally beer "in it") and it's not the sort of thing I would have used as an avatar, although I might have used it in an post and immediately thought better of it and removed it. After all, this is not the Lounge. But I believe you.
Absomphe
"The only picture I can think of involved a glass of beer (there was literally beer "in it")"

That may well have been it. There was a gentleman (or I suppose it could have been a lady, I don't remember the image vividly enough) obviously relishing this form of beer delivery system.

At any rate, it was definitely an avatar, not an attached image, and you removed it posthaste. So speedily, in fact, that by the time I had refreshed the page, it had vanished, and the classic Green Man had returned. It certainly evoked a chuckle or two while it lasted though. abs-cheers.gif
Kirk
Authorities take 2 yr old from parents for cursing
They take the rest of the children too, just for good measure.
Provenance
Why are people even allowed to think bad thoughts? A cure for free will?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.