Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Japanese Whisky
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Provenance
Tibro
Prolly an old habit, but I feel I must korrect you and point out that it should be spelled with an "e".

You know, at the end there.

Whiskey.
Provenance
Your correction requires correction.
Tibro
Soooo, Jim Beam is going to be henceforth known as Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky because it was bought by Suntory?
Provenance
That could be the first of many cost-cutting moves.
L'Assommoir
can we spend a billion or three
just to see
if we drop the e
will we save a tree?
Artemis
Or the trees could be used to make wood alcohol, and kill people.
This weekend I watched a long, uninterrupted by rent-seekers, documentary on PBS about Dr. Charles Norris, who practically invented forensic toxicology.
IPB Image
He was the chief medical examiner for the city of New York during prohibition. He was not in favor of prohibition, because he knew it was killing people in more ways than one. I knew this too, but I didn't know to what extent the government had gone to make sure it was killing them. One of their methods was to poison ethanol. Ever wondered what denatured alcohol is? I didn't, but now I know - it's poisoned ethanol. Dr. Norris worked hard to convince the government to stop that sort of shit, but they had a better idea - they increased the dosage of poison.

Artemis
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/sh...story?track=rss
That's the documentary. I ran across it at 3 in the morning when nothing else was on, and it was so fascinating I watched it to the end. I didn't see the beginning, but I will if it comes on again. Highly recommended.
L'Assommoir
I'll have to watch that program, Thanks for the link!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.