Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The new Art Hole
The Fťe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Kallisti
The previous topic did so well I thought I'd give it it's own hole.

Post yer Art or vacation snaps!
Kirk
O.K. , you first though . I know you got some stuff put back, or some good stuff coming.
traineraz
Well, if nobody ELSE is going to . . . I'll just have to post my masterwork, "Cleanliness is Next to Oddliness"

Head_prosthesis
HAHAHAHAA!!! YAY!!!! harhar.gif
Patlow
i'm trying to put a photo here, but the site won't let me. do you know what i have to do to picture to be able to upload it here. as it is, i think it is a .bmp

???
Kirk
Trim it to 51200 bytes or less.
Steve
also, don't preview it, just post it.
Kirk
Off Topic From my other favorite forum:

Hydraulic Die Forming Discussion Group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OT: More Funny BMG Stuff
Dar Shelton
sheltech@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who missed the bit on Blue Man Group's
widespread influence on early 20th Century modern art...
(Tongues firmly in cheeks now)
Two of the most important painters to emerge from this new generation were Vincent van Gogh and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Although their painting styles differed considerably, the two shared one common feature; they both hung out in bars with the Blue Man Group in the late 80's and early 90's.
In 1888, van Gogh painted a portrait of Blue Man Group at a local tavern in the south of France. The resulting painting (Night Cafe) offers a glimpse into how much influence Blue Man Group's presence had on van Gogh's emerging style. To begin with, notice how van Gogh extends the "pattern of three" from the Blue Man Group into the rest of the room: three light lamps, three billiard table legs, three people to the left and three to the right. Even the minute hand on the clock touches the number three. Perhaps more importantly, the bold way van Gogh depicted the hanging lamps with their exuberant radiations of color was also apparently inspired by Blue Man Group. In a letter to his brother Theo, van Gogh writes:

"When looking into the eyes of the Blue Man Group today, I could almost feel an energy radiating out of them. Could this energy be painted? Might I be able to paint not just what I see, but how I feel about what I see? Tonight I should like to try an experiment on the tavern lanterns to see if such a thing is possible."
Indeed, the resulting lamps look more like eyeballs than lanterns. And the radiating painting experiment, apparently viewed by van Gogh as a success, informed all of his work that was to follow - including Starry Night., 1889.
Sadly, over time, van Gogh's fascination with Blue Man Group turned into obsession. Recently discovered letters reveal that van Gogh developed a delusional determination to join Blue Man Group. He wrote to his brother, Theo, that he was feeling optimistic over his chances of getting into the group after taking several successful drum lessons. But this euphoria soon turned to melancholy after van Gogh seemed to decide on his own that his large protruding ears would most likely forever hinder his chances of becoming a Blue Man. Little else is known on the subject.
By the nineties, Blue Man Group had found a new bar to hang out in; the Moulin Rouge. It was here that Blue Man Group began developing several small indoor pieces for the first time. Lautrec captured this historic period in his painting "At The Moulin Rouge" (1892).

Kirk
http://www.blueman.com/about_bmg/art3.shtml

Throughout the first two decades of the twentieth century, Blue Man Group continued to develop new material at places like Dixon Place, Performance Space 122 and on the Vaudville circuit. During this period, Blue Man Group appeared several times on the same bill as the young Marx Brothers - it is now believed that one of Blue Man Groupís pieces from this period, called "Shadows", was the inspiration for the classic mirror scene in the Marx Brothers film "Duck Soup".

In 1928, sculptor Constantin Brancusi had heard through the grapevine that Blue Man Group was going to perform a piece that promised to express the soulís desire to "soar upward" with a show called "Exalted Moments". Brancusi had been working on his Bird In Space series which was dealing with similar themes of ascension and "the essence of flight." In the piece, performed at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Blue Man Group jumped up and down incessantly for twenty minutes. That night Brancusi wrote in his journal that, "Blue Man Group was very brave, but the piece was pathetic." As a gesture of encouragement, Brancusi gave the Blue Man Group his lesser known piece "Bird In Palmolive".

By 1930, Blue Man Group had developed their first full length theater piece which they called "Untitled" (they were the first to do this). The image shown here, depicting a scene from the play, appeared on the cover of the Playbill for the production. This was clearly the inspiration for Salvador Dali's "The Persistence of Memory" from the same year. It is interesting to note that although Daliís version of this image went on to become one of the most widely known paintings in the Surrealistic Movement, Blue Man Groupís theater set, which looked almost exactly the same, was in no way intended to evoke dream states, hidden subconscious symbols, or anything surrealistic for that matter. Instead, the sagging clocks and unusual background were simply the result of Blue Man Groupís process which naturally gravitates toward cool images and things that are gooey.

Brandon
Turd Sandwhich is pretty funny too :)
(If you've watched South Park, You'll get the joke)
Kirk
Myopie grille.
N.F.S.
Kirk
6"X9" copper. Pressed spoons and grilles, enameled, torched.
Kirk
System two:
Absomphe
HA!

And grate too.
Head_prosthesis
When Kirk starts working the magic,
he can see into the future.
Jack Batemaster
He actually managed to get that grille to drip penis-shaped driplets, er droplets...AMAZING!
Kirk
he can see the future

And in it I look hungry.
G&C
And drunk.
Kirk
I guess I could change my sign to "will work for food"
but the booze at least has the potential to keep longer.
Absomphe
Except maybe for those glacier-encrusted mammoths.
Kirk
I was obsessing on what my spoons might look like in an airplane crash so I decided to sacrifice a few to the press.
I'm thinking of going to the hardware store for some thin aluminum to press, it'd be more like I pictured.
Kirk
I'm afraid of flying.
The Standard Deviant
I prefer trains.
Kirk
I used to put annealed silver dollars on the tracks and wait for the train to roll them into usable sheet metal.
Wild Bill Turkey
I actually enjoy flying, but I have a love affair with trains.

I can see the post-air-disaster grille being a conglomeration of melted spoons, a pile of them heat-fused, and melted over the edge of some glass-sized cylinder that could withstand the heat.
The "Kirk flies almost all the way to Seattle" grille.
Donnie Darko
I can see a terrorist hijacking a plane using Kirk's Elephant Grille by stabbing the pilot in the neck with it.

Don't get on a plane, Kirk.
Stroller
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Sep 27 2006, 12:10 PM) *

I have a love affair with trains.

Jack will be happy to hear that.
Jaded Prole
I can see the semi-melted scorched grilles on ebay . . .

Fear is the mind killer. Flying isn't that dangerous, the odds are very good that you'll make it OK. I hate how uncomforatble it is but I try to get drunk and sleep through it. About 45 minutes after landing I feel better.

The worst part is the jet lag.
The Standard Deviant
I like to be able to see the surroundings pass by. If one is to sit in a steel box for hours then there might as well be something to look at.
Kirk
I salvaged this from the wreckage of
Flight JF01:
jacal01
Almost a Rorschach test. Canít decide if thatís Mother Teresa I see or the Last Supper. Or Pieter Bruegelís Triumph of Death.

But a voice keeps telling me that Iím reading too much into it. Incessant bastard.
Artemis
On the top I see Jesus carrying the cross past Notre Dame, with a centaur following.

On the bottom the messiah (Ted?) performs the miracle of the louche and fishes, surrounded by a fence made of trowels to keep the crowd at bay.
Alyssa Dyane
Dang I feel shallow. I just see a bunny rabbit.
Stroller
I just see a bunch of spoons who's lives were cut short.

jacal01
One man's spoons is another man's ticket.
Kirk
I saw a picture of a picture;
two people were in it too, beneath, a caption read:
"I don't know much about art, but I know what I like".
Here I show a picture of a picture of me, to a picture of a picture of you.
jacal01
Wow. Which explains the silver in mirror finish.

So the fault is your fault?
Kirk
If I had a clue what you were you saying, I imagine I might respond (in some poetic way)
but since you have revealed; all sense shall be concealed, I shall bid you adieu and pay you your due,
while I go about my merry way.
jacal01
This from the King of the Cryptic.

Okay den.
ďHere I show...Ē: reflections in the mirror/silver finish/silver your milieu
Melted spoon/grill montage: flawed picture/distorted reflection/faulted image (inner flaw?)/mirrormaker's fault.

I guess I need to stop assuming
and ratchet it down a couple of levels
and bring my spelling primer along.
Kirk
It really doesn't mean a thing, nothing but a thing, it's just an impression I made.
It's something to hang on the wall, it's a way to communicate with you.
It has a connection with the past, I hope it has a history, maybe a drop of soul, no more.
It's a conversation with a nebulous mind, and when Artemis mentioned Touch Down Jesus,
it became a little party with me.
Kirk
These are thanks to Absinthe Spoon.
Kirk
He gave me 30 spoons and won't let me pay him.

He's being a real jerk about it.
Kirk
I'm hoping he'll accept one of these.
Kirk
But they are small and come in pairs so I think he should accept two, don't you?
Kirk
I tried money, I tried booze, but no impression.
jacal01
Party on, Dude.
Kirk
Impression1

Impression2

Imp.3
Kirk
Oh

Pick one out Spoony!
Steve
Those are so cool, Kirk! I was actually relieved to get rid of those spoons, and I'm very happy that they were put to some artistic use.
Steve
I like the ones with the "les feuilles" spoon best, probably because that was my favorite spoon ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.