Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Un Peureux
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
darkend_163
New absinthe from another distillery in Fougerolles.

To celebrate its 150th birthday, Grandes Distilleries Peureux is reissuing UN PEUREUX®, using the original recipe books of 1864.

http://www.grandes-distilleries-peureux.fr…disclaimer_ok=1

IPB Image

I received it yesterday. So… it is good. For me its profile is very same to Valkyria absinthe, but is more traditional. There is pretty much of star anise too, but it's in better balance with other herbs.
Not great, but pretty good and complex Absinthe. Very nice appearance and price. =)

I will publish review in couple of months and I think its score will be not higher than 77.
Steve
I agree. It's good… but not great.
Kirk
How does one bring "pretty much ' star anise ' ' in (to) better balance with other herbs."?
Tibro
I don't think he means "better" as in "more gooder". I think what he must mean is "not so baddlier" as it is in the Valkyria.
Artemis
It looks like pastis. Hopefully it's not badianier than that. stanise.gif
darkend_163

I don't think he means "better" as in "more gooder". I think what he must mean is "not so baddlier" as it is in the Valkyria.

Yeah, right! I find that Un Peureux is better balanced than Valkyria.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.