Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old bottle
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Hillbilly
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
rob fritz

A nice find, got a story to go with it ?
Hillbilly
No, just got lucky and got it within my meager price range. Seems nobody wanted it. It does have quite a few surface scratches, so it's been around. It's my first and only antique absinthe bottle, so I'm grateful to have it. Was a bit leary of it's authenticity having searched and not found reference for an E. Pernod bottle with both Couvet and Pontarlier on it, but Marc Thullier verified it an original, so I was glad I didn't get duped on a fake bottle. It looks nice setting on my absinthe shelf next to my small, humble collection of antiquities. A few glasses, a 5 dose toppete, and a few old spoons. I'm happy with it.
OCvertDe
Sweet.
L'Assommoir
QUOTE(Hillbilly @ Dec 27 2014, 01:10 PM) *

,. It does have quite a few surface scratches, so it's been around.

My favorite kind of antique. Nice!
Hillbilly
Being the first antique hand blown absinthe bottle I've ever laid eyes on, the swirls, lines and air bubbles are really something else. Wow.
Artemis
On the plantation where I grew up, I would find pieces of such glass routinely, and sometimes a whole base or top. My mom was a bottle collector. Eventually we dug up several of those bottles, complete, none with a seal, but otherwise just like that. The green color varies from bottle to bottle - some way darker than others.

The Outlaw Josey Wales: You have any food here?
The Indian Lone Watie: All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.