Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Artemis
François Aymonier is making an absinthe "without borders", using ingredients that are all products of his own land, except for the alcohol and green anise. He uses a Besançon recipe from 1889.
He says:
"We are going to invent nothing, to revolutionize nothing" ... "I'm a farmer, not a distiller. But little by little, we are going to try to acquire know-how. What is certain, is that with good products, a simple recipe makes a good absinthe."

If people want to get excited about a new absinthe ....

IPB Image

http://www.museeabsinthe.com/forums/index....ost&p=72025
rob fritz
Now that's an absinthe I would really like to try, would not mind owning that still on the left either.
OCvertDe
An admitted beginner taking the peak of the distiller's art by storm. Sounds like a winner fur shur. Can't wait!
Artemis
I can wait, and I will, probably forever.
But if I had to make a choice between this and another new thing that's been much in the news, it would be no contest. Even before the worm began to turn, no contest.
Provenance
QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 28 2014, 09:40 AM) *
"We are going to invent nothing, to revolutionize nothing"

That alone makes it worth trying.
Jaded Prole
QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 28 2014, 12:40 PM) *

But little by little, we are going to try to acquire know-how. What is certain, is that with good products, a simple recipe makes a good absinthe."

I suspect he knows plenty already. Nice set up!
Greytail
I agree.
dr_ordinaire
It's worth remembering that the mythical creator of absinhe, my eponymous doctor, was not a commercial distiller either.

(Originally I wrote "was not a distiller either" but then I reconsidered that an herbalist at the time HAD to be a distiller.)
Artemis
Not exactly mythical, definitely a real person.
But some of the very best distillers are not, to quote Frank Zappa "strictly from commercial".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.