Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curious Distiller, Willing to Travel
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Grim
So, I've spent the better part of this past year and some change distilling professionally, but am now very curious about studying in Europe. If anyone has opportunities for receiving a lowly, manic, amateur distiller abroad… well…

I'm quite interested.
Grim
And yes, I am very much alive, and miss all my brothers in Absinthe.
OCvertDe
Has that always been your signature line, or did you just plug it in for this topic?
Kirk
Always has been.
David bought a little shack in the country and was hoping for guest distillers, meet you there?
martin.zufanek
Hey Grim! Long time no see you!

Actually, we are going to resize our whole distillery and warehouse in next few weeks. Our current setup is 2 x 300l alembics but I've already placed order for a brand new, custom made alembics from Arnold Holstein which will be used just for gin and absinthe distilling. And having 4x300l alembics require spare hands.

Wanna spend some time in Czech republic? :)
Jaded Prole
Sounds like fun, as does David's place.
Artemis
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Apr 11 2015, 11:28 AM) *
Has that always been your signature line, or did you just plug it in for this topic?

Not always, but post-Tisserand.
And drunk it I have, youngsters. And neither do I fail to drink it still. Not that I acquire evil essences from the pharmacist to mix up some cloudy cat piss. No, I have small crystalline spheres, a coal furnace, little boilers, lute of almonds and light coils. The sacred recipe is given to us by many common pamphlets and my distilling curiosity often enriches my stash by a few gracious pints that, with God’s help, I make each time closer to the ideal.

Jack Batemaster
Mais tu n'es pas significatif. Bien sûr, tu as été congédié ?
Grim
I probably would have been, eventually. But no, I stepped away. I don't think we're on bad terms, but I know that when you put a man in a situation where he has to plead with someone to do something the right way… well, the seed is sown for discontent. And I confirmed something for myself, I learned something about myself, and I learned a lot about distilling. So, I'm sated at that.
Kirk
Most people don't care about the right way, only the practical one.
Jaded Prole
And for business, the quickest and least costly the better for the bottom line.
OCvertDe
Fleeting fads aside, it's about a century too late for the bottom line to have any relevance to producing Absinthe. You won't get rich on it, no matter how good (or cheap to make and shitty) it is.
Kirk
I didn't think absinthe was the focus there, just craft distilling in general.
OCvertDe
I suppose that would make a bit of difference, then.
Stroller
If you are interested in making Vodka in Scotland let me know and I'll shoot you the details.
Jaded Prole
Why would anyone be interested in making Vodka?
Stroller
It wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but since he wants to go overseas I thought I would throw it out there.
Grim
Well, now pleasantly planted on the Left Coast… so, hope to see more of each of you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.