Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it really possible to make homemade absinthe?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
fishingpole
Is it really possible to make homemade absinthe?

I would really like to experance absinthe. I have looked on the web and have gotten some advice but I'am not sure if i should drink it or not. Has anybody else made their own!

Lord Stanley
Here we go......

spam_laser.gif
kingdubhda

Read the FAQ in particular #4 on forbidden subjects.

nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif
Sponge Bob
Welcome Pole. You made a newbie mistake so let me have a little fun at your expense...

I heard about this one guy who made some fantastic absinthe at home.

Three days later his penis fell off.

Nobody knows why, but I think it might have been the thujone.

Questions like that aren't really within the rules of this forum. Read the FAQ and read the "Reference" section. There's a lot of great information, you'll find most of your questions will be answered.

To answer the original question; You can't make absinthe at home from one of those kits. You can however make an undrinkable mess.
Lord Stanley
On the other hand

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=19260

Just soak in grain alcohol for a couple weeks and then partake in a tasty beverage.

Tombstone.gif
Sponge Bob
Oh yeah, well I didn't mean that guy.

But dude, I'm hoping to get in on a low bid. You can't give away all our secrets to the new guys on their first day.
Lord Stanley
Check the seller's feedback.
"sweet seller bitter herb"
He actually sold a 1/2 pound of wormwood for $14.95.
Raised his price by $5 on this auction.

wormwood.gif

Better not let that bargain slip away!
kingdubhda
I love the "Absinthe aka the green fairy" part......

Perruche_verte
Stop being so mean, you guys.

dev.gif

No, most homes are not equipped with the specialized gear necessary to make good absinthe safely.

Someone posted here once, claiming he'd made absinthe at home. Then his posts started getting less and less coherent. Eventually they stopped completely, and we never heard from him again.

looking-up.gif
H.S.Thompson
I heard Johny Depp and Marilyn Manson kiss when they drink home made absinthe. wub.gif
Head_prosthesis
CHUG!

CHUG!!

CHUG!!!

CHUG!!!!

CHUG!!!!!
Artemis
"Is it really possible to make homemade absinthe?"

Not any more.

"I have looked on the web and have gotten some advice but I'am not sure if i should drink it or not. "

Check the motto in my profile.

"Has anybody else made their own!"

There was French doctor who did it a couple hundred years ago, but he was a quack and he was just trying to get under the skirts of some Swiss girls. And anyway, he was a communist, which was why he was run out of Paris in the first place.
BrSpiritus
QUOTE (fishingpole @ Feb 15 2004, 12:08 AM)
Is it really possible to make homemade absinthe?

I would really like to experance absinthe. I have looked on the web and have gotten some advice but I'am not sure if i should drink it or not. Has anybody else made their own!

No. you cannot make anything resembleing absinthe at home. The only info you can really trust on the web is right here on this site. We must worshippy.gif Kallisti worshippy.gif For all the work she has put into it. You must do so in penance for asking a newbie question. You've been lurking since early January you should know better by now.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Sponge Bob @ Feb 15 2004, 12:26 AM)
You can however make an undrinkable mess.

Or you can buy an undrinkable mess.
Absomphe
Absinthe King= Indescribably YUMMY elixir...why, it's like that veritable garden exploding in your mouth!

And taking the rest of your head off with it! sp_ike.gif
Kirk
Making absinthe at home is illegal in most countries.
Making absinthe requires distilling , which is illegal in most countries.
The best absinthe I ever tasted was home made.
Hiram
I know it was mentioned once, but it was so tiny it slipped under the door all sneaky-like, so:

READ THE FAQ!!!!!

READ IT!! ALL OF IT!!!

Then you'll be prepared to come back and talk to the rest of us well-armed with information.
Don't worry, all the people who come in here asking questions that were clearly answerd in the FAQ go through this.
crosby
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 15 2004, 10:05 AM)
Absinthe King= Indescribably YUMMY elixir...why, it's like that veritable garden exploding in your mouth!

No, but this is the bomb shit:
Kirk
I see the new truth in advertising laws are taking affect.
Deluge
Whoo Hah!!! dev.gif
Absomphe
Damn...the COLOR of the louche almost resembles the Fou-Juice!!! (Well, for that price, SOMETHING about it should!)
traineraz
QUOTE (Perruche_verte @ Feb 14 2004, 11:10 PM)
Someone posted here once, claiming he'd made absinthe at home.  Then his posts started getting less and less coherent.  Eventually they stopped completely, and we never heard from him again.

Actually, he posted recently, with a lengthy selection of Ted's greatest winnie.gif quotes!

Oh, wait, maybe you meant someone else . . .
BrSpiritus
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 15 2004, 08:29 PM)
Damn...the COLOR of the louche almost resembles the Fou-Juice!!! (Well, for that price, SOMETHING about it should!)

Umm, my fou juice doesn't look like that when I mix it. Maybe too much water? Nah, it tastes good so I really don't care what the louche looks like.
Conju
Where's The bitchslap emoticon. headbonk.gif headbonk.gif That'll have to do. READ THE FAQ!!! I hate saying that. dev.gif In my opinon, anybody who is blind enough to miss the INTRO TO THIS WEBSITE probably doesn't have the capacity to see what exactly it is they're posting on the forum. Furthermore, not following the IETF RFC Forum guidelines is a big nono around ANY forum. Read the FAQ and don't be a tool.

Welcome.
Eire
I feel a little behind in my posting duties so I'll just say
"What they said" yes.gif
And if all this hasn't made a dent headbonk.gif then you'd be better off chatting with these fine fellows.WOW REAL ABSINTHE!!!!!!
Conju
I got half a mind to go in there and regulate.
grey boy
QUOTE (conju @ Feb 16 2004, 01:10 AM)
I got half a mind.

Yes, yes you do. poke.gif
Conju
I made a quote like that on another forum once and it got me banned. Dickheads. offtopic2.gif
Absomphe
"Nah, it tastes good so I really don't care what the louche looks like."

Well, the louche of the fougerolles is actually more appealing than than that of the Logan Filth, just closer in appearance than I would have expected, given the "two different universes", as far as the taste is concerned!!!

Eire
QUOTE (grey boy @ Feb 16 2004, 12:14 AM)
I got half a mind.

Yes, yes you do. poke.gif

Starting our pokes a little early aren't we? Be careful with those poke.gif when it comes to the Noztrilla much older crankier brotha (guess who that is, the hint is OLD). He demands a much higher level of wit.
Absomphe
"Starting our pokes a little early aren't we? Be careful with those when it comes to the Noztrilla much older crankier brotha (guess who that is, the hint is OLD). He demands a much higher level of wit."

Why, thank you Eire, but since our apparently dearly departed (so to speak!) Felis dubbed myself, G&C, and Conju, the three evil Stooges, I suppose a little base slapstick humor isn't out of order! dev.gif

QUOTE (grey boy @ Feb 16 2004, 12:14 AM)
I got half a mind.

Yes, yes you do.

Besides, grey boy, when you're right...you're right!!! yes.gif

Conju: harhar.gif
grey boy
QUOTE (Eire @ Feb 16 2004, 01:19 AM)
[

Starting our pokes a little early aren't we?

No, I've been here longer, so I don't care less about decorum. Just havin' fun wit ya's all. OK? harhar.gif
grey boy
HA!

Absomphe on my side! harhar.gif
Eire
QUOTE (grey boy @ Feb 16 2004, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE (Eire @ Feb 16 2004, 01:19 AM)
[

Starting our pokes a little early aren't we?

No, I've been here longer, so I care less about decorum. Just havin' fun wit ya's all. OK? harhar.gif

Actually I was just using your post as a staging base against Absomphe. You see he's old and I find that hilarious dev.gif
Absomphe
Eire:

I'm glad you're so easily amused, but it's typical...youth is indeed wasted on the young!

Say...isn't it past your bedtime? dev.gif
grey boy
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 16 2004, 01:51 AM)
Say...isn't it past your bedtime?

Unfortunetly yes. Good night. I'll be back to be an ass another night!
Absomphe
I'm counting on it!!! dev.gif
Eire
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 16 2004, 12:51 AM)
Eire:

I'm glad you're so easily amused, but it's typical...youth is indeed wasted on the young!

Say...isn't it past your bedtime? dev.gif

Naw, all these buttons and flashing lights are keeping me awake, plus me and Deludge's little field trip tomorrow has gotten me all excited dev.gif
Eire
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 16 2004, 01:03 AM)
I'm counting on it!!! dev.gif

I figured that little kitty looking-up.gif would be Hartmars choice not yours blink.gif Did you check you family tree or something? God, they're multiplying faster then "furries" neko.gif sweet jebus...
Absomphe
I missed that field trip deal...does it have something to do with absinthe tasting, and the place referred to as "Spy House", perhaps?
Eire
Naw, the spyhouse was last week (and nothing compared to what this might bring), but my lips are sealed until tomorrow night. harhar.gif
Absomphe
As long as you guys reveal the sordid details eventually...

We OLDTIMERS have had to learn patience to survive! Santa.png
Eire
Patience? HA! You order by Courier because for all you know the end is only a few glasses away! harhar.gif

It might be a good trip, I gotta keep my hope up, but I've probably said to much already...
Absomphe
No, I order by Courier because I'm a pitiful, hopeless wretch of an absintheur.

A real credit to Marie Corelli! dev.gif
Eire
When your right your right, I just blew $200 on two different orders in the last two days. HEAR HEAR!

Heard anything on the Amer 72 yet? I should have it by the end of the week.
Deluge
Hey Eire,

I can't sleep! I keep thinking about the field trip and the sweet possibility of "it" actually being good! w00t2.gif

We might need to have realistic expectations though. Who knows what we are getting into! dev.gif

Eire
Just remember the ear tug and we'll be fine. yes.gif
Deluge
Too bad the King couldn't make it!

Maybe next time!

yes.gif
Eire
He promised the moon and he will deliver, I don't see these ending anytime soon dev.gif
Tombstone.gif college degrees
Deluge
Oh, the Moon!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.