Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screw thujone, Let's look at Artemisinin
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Dr Magnan's Lab
Hiram
The stuff you find on the internet. The UW is right down the street from me. Maybe I should look these guys up. I wonder whatever became of this. Knowing the way goverment agencies and pharmaceutical companies are always blowing each other, I wouldn't be surprised if this research got suppressed.

Wednesday, November 28, 2001
By Environmental News Network
Two bioengineering research professors at the University of Washington have rediscovered wormwood as a promising potential treatment for cancer among the ancient arts of Chinese folk medicine.

http://www.enn.com/news/enn-stories/2001/1...001/s_45678.asp
Absomphe
"Absinthe for strength"

"Absinthe is good for you"

"My goodness...my absinthe"

Eire:

What do you think of my highly original absinthe advertising slogans, in view of the article Hiram has shared with us?

I think they're...

BRILLIANT!!! dev.gif
BrSpiritus
Wormwood is good for fighting cancer so I have an idea for preventative medicine

BRILLIANT!

We take the wormwood and make a liqueur out of it

BRILLIANT!

Then we can all drink and be happy while taking our medicine

BRILLIANT!
-----------------------
Well let's look at the fine points of the article...

- Pill has wormwood and is described as "non-toxic"

- It also seems to work as a preventative medicine

Hey look at it this way, maybe because of this the FDA will trash the wormwood provisos and make our lives easier. dev.gif
justabob
QUOTE (Hiram @ Feb 15 2004, 04:33 PM)
The stuff you find on the internet. The UW is right down the street from me. Maybe I should look these guys up. I wonder whatever became of this. Knowing the way goverment agencies and pharmaceutical companies are always blowing each other, I wouldn't be surprised if this research got suppressed.

Wednesday, November 28, 2001
By Environmental News Network
Two bioengineering research professors at the University of Washington have rediscovered wormwood as a promising potential treatment for cancer among the ancient arts of Chinese folk medicine.

http://www.enn.com/news/enn-stories/2001/1...001/s_45678.asp

Hiram

Do you refer to the UW in Madison, if so we are not to far apart. I would invite you over for a green one but hey I'am all out.
justabob
BTW, that is quite a list of interests, I myself am only into sex, drugs and rock and roll.
Eire
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Feb 15 2004, 07:22 PM)
"Absinthe for strength"

"Absinthe is good for you"

"My goodness...my absinthe"

Eire:

What do you think of my highly original absinthe advertising slogans, in view of the article Hiram has shared with us?

I think they're...

BRILLIANT!!! dev.gif

I will not befoul my mouth with that evil Irish oppressing language, I prefer to celebrate in my true language.

t s lonrach! harhar.gif harhar.gif

and yay for boobs.gif, those lonrach scientists can have one on me! absintheglass2.gif
Conju
Hiram, that is indeed great news for us all! May it lead to great things! absintheglass2.gif

Say Eire, I see you gots yourself a new title. Cool!
Eire
Well...hamsters, colons, and I though of hartsmar, it just kinda worked harhar.gif
Now I'm just waiting for my new group title
The Czech Crazed Bohemian Hamster's

You Noztrilla's need some competition to keep you on your toes dev.gif
grey boy
QUOTE (justabob @ Feb 15 2004, 10:51 PM)
BTW, that is quite a list of interests, I myself am only into sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Two more than I'm interested in.
Eire
Hey! Whats wrong with sex?!?!?
Absomphe
Justabob:

Nope, the UW Hiram's indicating is the University of Washington, in Seattle.
hartsmar
Eire, hamster boy... Not so loud! Remember that Absomphe took for granted the you were "a lady"... Right?

But speaking of sex and hamst... blink.gif
Absomphe
Hartsmar:

Yeah, if he's a hamster, it really doesn't matter what sex he?she?it is!!! dev.gif
Eire
Now why'd you bring that sore point up again, Its the fact that I'm so well spoken right? And I'm just happy anyone could love a face like this wub.gif

But honestly Hartmar stick with the spam.gif , otherwise you'll just get bored.
Absomphe
Eire:

We're talking Hartsmar here, and the fact that you're only an itty bitty hamster.

And then you mention that "SORE" point?

EEW!!!

And you talk about MY bad taste on Hallmark Day.

Some people...... blink.gif
hartsmar
BWAAAHAHAHAHA....

But hamsters are so fragile. They need love, really.
Eire
You know, next time my pic is going to be a block of concrete, lets see you pervets hump that! HA! Or perhaps a women, at least that would get rid of hartmar.
Absomphe
I believe you are becoming quite ABRASIVE, Petey! dev.gif
G&C
AGREED!

gun thug.gif
Absomphe
AGAIN!!!
Eire
harhar.gif .
Absomphe
That gonna be your new "unhumpable" avatar, "Granite Boy?" shock.gif dev.gif

OUCH!!!
hartsmar
A good power drill from Hilti should do the trick. dev.gif
Eire
There isn't enough KY in the world to make that thing humpable! DO YOUR WORST!

or in the poetic words of W. "Bring it on!"
Absomphe
When it comes to humpin' anything, a little bit of Ky. goes a long way, let me tell ya (listenin' to that "Deliverance" music...). dev.gif

Oh...you meant that OTHER KY, not the state!!! harhar.gif
Eire
Well ok, even titanium's humpable in Ky no.gif
But not me! Stick to cdog-plain.gif ing your local drunks because I'm off the market! YEEEEHAAAAA! harhar.gif harhar.gif
Absomphe
Eire:

That's O.K.

I can always rely on Hartsmar to hook me up...

You're not the only hamster in the cage, you know!!! harhar.gif harhar.gif
Eire
Better hurry then, only got a few left...moms eaten most of us guillotine.gif
hartsmar
(speak in russian mafia voice):

Yeez, I know somebody who can fix. Russian hamster. sonia.
Absomphe
Hartsmar:

GUILDURSTINE CRANIUS??? blink.gif
hartsmar
Guildur ... who? sleepy.gif

But ok, if you say so!

Absomphe
Hartsmar:

Your new Title, Viking!!!

Did you miss it?
hartsmar
Ooooh... How could I possibly... What the! YAY...

(must look it up... it could mean anything! running for encyclopedia AGAIN)

It was way toooo late last night for me to notice.

hartsmar
There found it.

GUILDURSTINE CRANIUS - He from the north who see everything and is remarkably intelligent and looks good too.

yes.gif
Eire
Funny I just come up with bidens delectat oculus prodigium
Damn google, never gives me a straight answer ranting.gif
Absomphe
Hartsmar:

I think it means "Goldstone Head"...which means absolutely nothing, except that a chunk of goldstone the size of your head, would make you reasonably valuable!

So it must mean something else! dev.gif harhar.gif
hartsmar
That's why I enjoy little pets... They don't talk back... blink.gif
Absomphe
Except perhaps for those little primal squeals of pleasure, as you plunder their booty, like the Viking that you are!!! pirate2.gif dev.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.