Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: absinthe suisse....from hell!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
pierreverte
from a 'liquoriste' and candy-maker's manual, originally printed in 1905. this is a distilled recipe....what's wrong with this picture? hint: stanise.gif

Jack Batemaster
There's not enough Star Anise?
Jack Batemaster
(just a wild guess.)
pierreverte
this must be from the same source that 'dick' and the 'practical' distiller got their recipes...i guess it louched pretty well...
BrSpiritus
How much of the volatile oils from the badiane would come though in the distillation process?
Hiram
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Feb 26 2004, 05:33 PM)

I think "none" might possibly be considered not enough.
Lord Stanley
Might be enough louche there to make the spoon stand up.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Hiram @ Feb 26 2004, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Feb 26 2004, 05:33 PM)

I think "none" might possibly be considered not enough.

wacko.gif huh? wacko.gif
Absomphe
I kinda like that slight bite from the small addition of star anise to the Fou-Juice, but that 1905 recipe...

Not in the rain
Not on a train
Not in a boat
Not with a goat.
Wolfgang
Maybe we have a very romantic and idealistic view of what was vintage absinthe. Obviously there was also some bad recipes back then.

ps.:
(For newbee)
This exemple show at least twice or thrice the maximum reasonable amount of badiane. Tongue numbing guaranteed !
Artemis
Obviously there was also some bad recipes back then.

Bad proof-reading, too. Typos were a lot harder to correct. It might just be an error.
Absomphe
I was thinking perhaps an extra "0" may have been added.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.