Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refresh
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Artemis
Yesterday and today I noticed a very irritating thing about the posting screen. I get a post almost written and the screen refreshes, losing everything I've written. Yes, I know browsers have a stop button, but I've never noticed this behavior before. What's up with this? Is it because the cute little dancing icons need exercise?
Absomphe
I've observed the same thing...I thoght perhaps I had hit the ctrl button, but it happened again, when I knew I hadn't. The trident and torch guy is looking particularly guilty at the moment. torch.gif
I_B_Puffin
The only time I've had it refresh is when moving it. I'll have several pages open, and if the size of one from this forum is altered it refreshes. Kind of annoying since no other websites I go to do it, and sometimes I don't think about it until after I've already lost what I wrote.
hartsmar
But if it didn't refresh when reloaded the deisgn would be all f*cked up, since it is depending on the window size for positioning, sizing and centering items on the page.

(correct me if I'm wrongf, but that'd be why I'd do it...)
BlackJack
I've had it happen to me several times, since I'm a skosh long-winded. I've seen no pattern. Sometimes I can keep the window up for an hour and it will still be there. Other times it will go boom in the middle of the first paragraph.

Maybe the board just thinks I talk to much.
Jack Batemaster
I notice it happens when the browser's Resize event is fired.
Kallisti
The only time this should happen is if you resize or sometimes minimize the window. If you resize the window the page reloads. Like Jack said.

If it is happening spontaneously, that is freakish. frusty.gif
Artemis
If it is happening spontaneously

There's no if about it. I never resize windows; I run everything full screen.
grey boy
If it is happening spontaneously

Don't worry, I never do anything wrong either.

There's no if about it.  I never resize windows; I run everything full screen.

We all believe that, can I contact my Dr. for you? cdog-plain.gif
Artemis
We all believe that, can I contact my Dr. for you?

Did you wake up yesterday and think, I'm going to see if I can goad Artemis into kicking my ass all around Fee Verte Forum? I can think of no other reason for you following up several of my posts with inane comments, but I suggest you go eat your beans and rice and send your brain to the gym for a year or ten, because you're stepping way out of your weight class.
Sponge Bob
QUOTE (Artemis @ Mar 6 2004, 08:02 AM)
Did you wake up yesterday and think, I'm going to see if I can goad Artemis into kicking my ass all around Fee Verte Forum?

shock.gif

Screwing with Artemis = Bad idea spam_laser.gif
grey boy
QUOTE (Artemis @ Mar 6 2004, 11:02 AM)

Did you wake up yesterday and think, I'm going to see if I can goad Artemis into kicking my ass all around Fee Verte Forum

No, I was awake all day and drinking all night when the thought struck me. And a dumb thought it was. Sorry for that, us cats have freakouts that make no sense every once in a while. I'm going elsewhere next time it happens.
And screwing with Artemis was a bad and dumb idea on my part, sorry gang.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.