Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ur-Text of the Absinthe Industry
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Absinthe Library
Oxygenee
I'm very proud to announce, that, after two years of behind the scenes activity, and two incognito visits to the Val de Travers, I've finally succeeded in obtaining THE ORIGINAL CIRCA 1790 MANUSCRIPT OF DR ORDINAIRE'S RECIPE, written on parchment in the doctor's own distinctive spidery handwriting. The manuscript was found in the small hamlet of Les Collines Suce, not far from Fleurier, where it's been in the possession of the de Taurau family since the early 1900's, when the patriarch of the family, M. Erdes de Taurau, aquired it from a direct descendent of the Henriod clan.

Because of the immense historical importance of the document, and the fact that it promises to revolutionise the modern absinthe industry, I will not be releasing it on my website for public viewing. Without being crassly commercial, its also necessary for me to recoup some of the quite staggering financial outlay involved in the acquisition of this piece of history. Accordingly, high resolution digital scans of the documents will be available to qualified manufacturers, and high-end HGers, on payment of a registration fee in the low four figures. Contact me by PM for further details.
Deluge
Oxy that is some amazing news! What a historically important find. absintheglass-glow2.gif

Cheers to you!

I hope that this is not another April fools prank!
Touch-money
WOW! I expect to see absinthe quality increase ten fold w00t2.gif
Unless this is an evile april fools joke in wich case you are just toying with our emotions.
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Deluge @ Apr 1 2004, 08:06 AM)
Oxy that is some amazing news! What a historically important find. absintheglass-glow2.gif

Cheers to you!

Thank you.
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Apr 1 2004, 08:07 AM)
WOW! I expect to see absinthe quality increase ten fold w00t2.gif

I believe it will have a significant impact on the industry, and indeed even on this forum.
Touch-money
I worship you and I cant wait to see what companies such as LDF could do with with this. worshippy.gif
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Apr 1 2004, 08:13 AM)
I worship you and I cant wait to see what companies such as LDF could do with with this. worshippy.gif

I expect to hear from them very shortly.
Hiram
harhar.gif
Deluge
blink.gif
Touch-money
I so hope this isnt an april fools joke
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Apr 1 2004, 01:13 AM)
I cant wait to see what companies such as LDF could do with with this.

All depends how cost-prohibitive it would be for major producers to replicate the recipe.
Deluge
Oxy that's some funny shit dude! w00t2.gif
Absomphe
It's not yet April 1st here, Oxy, so I will suspend my disbelief for the next hour and forty minutes...

Bravura discovery and acquisition, Sir!

A mighty toast to you. absintheglass-glow2.gif

(I knew I'd find another excuse to dip once more into that verboten bottle of aging Pignon..this is absolutely the last time!)
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Lord Stanley @ Apr 1 2004, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Apr 1 2004, 01:13 AM)
I cant wait to see what companies such as LDF could do with with this.

All depends how cost-prohibitive it would be for major producers to replicate the recipe.

I'm hopeful some will be brave enough to take the plunge.
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Absomphe @ Apr 1 2004, 08:21 AM)
Bravura discovery and acquisition, Sir!

A mighty toast to you. absintheglass-glow2.gif

Thank you Absomphe!
Touch-money
Just out of curiosity, if you dont mind sharing, about how much did this cost you. I dont want an exact price just an aproximation. This is only if you feel comfertable shring if not then I totally understand.

Edit: I still get this weird feeling like this is all one big joke blink.gif
thegreenimp
.... dry.gif
Deluge

^
Line
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Apr 1 2004, 08:26 AM)
Just out of curiosity, if you dont mind sharing, about how much did this cost you. I dont want an exact price just an aproximation. This is only if you feel comfertable shring if not then I totally understand.

I'd prefer not to quantify the sums involved, but lets just say the de Taurau's will be sitting comfortably for many years.
Absomphe
One hour and twenty minutes left.

Vive Dr. Ordinaire! (the 1st)

Vive Le Pignon Verte Epee, and whoever created it!

Cheers to all!!!

teehee!!!
Touch-money
I hate April fools frusty.gif
Lord Stanley
Taurau?

Sounds like a load of bull...wink.gif
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Apr 1 2004, 12:53 AM)
M. Erdes de Taurau

Another load of bull poop.gif
Lord Stanley
Here's my great discovery for the day
Deluge
That was sick! harhar.gif

I_B_Puffin
Hartsmar will like it.
hartsmar
HA HA HA HA!

But what WAS that worm doing THERE?

Oxy: I salute your findings. And to show my respect for your sharing it, I will offer you EUR 38, for that bottle of Edouard. Deal?

harhar.gif
firedeity
Don't toy with our emotions! cdog-plain.gif
The Green Hour
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Mar 31 2004, 09:53 PM)
Les Collines Suce

w00t2.gif
Artemis
Oxy, I want my damned $1,250 U.S. back, right now. I know spidery handwriting done with an Etch a Sketch when I see it.
anticlimacus
Oxygenee, you're a sick bastard. What's next, announcing bogus snow days on the morning news?

harhar.gif
Oxygenee
QUOTE (The Green Hour @ Apr 1 2004, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Mar 31 2004, 09:53 PM)
Les Collines Suce

w00t2.gif

Yes, I was quite proud of that.
dr_ordinaire
For $ 500.00, will you just tell me whether it had A. absinthium in the coloring step?
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Dr_Ordinaire @ Apr 1 2004, 04:57 PM)
For $ 500.00, will you just tell me whether it had A. absinthium in the coloring step?

That's an attractive proposition. Go ahead and send me the money immediately. You'll be paying $250 per letter for the answer though.
Conju
frusty.gif
Hiram
I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read through more carefully when I first saw this last night. It would have meant so much more.

Well played, Oxy, well played. *golf clap* abs-cheers.gif
Patlow
geeks...
Llama Herder
I found the April 1st jokes to be grand!

It would have been even more fun to read them as they were first posted, but that's what I get for not having my 'Net access at home.
Touch-money
This is why I wont get anywhere in life I am too damn gullible. frusty.gif
verbal_kraze
BASTARDS

aLL OF YOU.
verbal_kraze
offtopic2.gif

Today I called my boss and said I was too sick from drinking all morning to come in for work, it was fun for April Fools.
Hiram
So, would you guys like a Zinker chaser with that shot of Hüklein? harhar.gif
Absomphe
Yawohl, Herr Uberkommander!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.